Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Is that a pic of the std. dot or the big dot?
I've been considering the XS sights for about the last 5 months or so, still haven't decided.
I like them on my Kahr Mk9 (XS 24/7 Big Dot), but I'm concerned about 30 yard + accuracy on my 6" steel plates, with my P99.
Anybody have XS Standard Dot 24/7 on a full size service pistol? what kind of accuracy are you getting at 30+ yards?

· Registered
411 Posts
My Trijicons have a big gap when aligned as well.
But 6" plates at 35 to 50 yards 1 shot per second, are a 85%+ hit for me with them, I'm not sure the XS would give near that performance. Let me know how you like them, I'm not ready for a $130 experiment.

· Registered
411 Posts
My CZ-75 has a very nice tight sight picture, out beyond 30 yards, it is the easiest to shoot nice groups with.
My Kahr Mk9, is worthless past 30 yards anyway, so the XS Big Dots are awesome on it, allowing extremely quick shots that are adequate for the distances required.
My P99, with its "sloppy" sight picture, is fairly fast, fairly accurate inside 30, but drops off past 30 yards. Especially in right to left shot dispersion, my elevation is consistent, but there is too much slop for accurate right/left.
IMO.
The reason I'm looking at the XS sights, is because the P99 is my CCW pistol, and realistically even a 30 yard shot would be a less than 1% possibility. And the XS sights are much faster inside 15 than any other sight, and out to 30 would not give up too much to the sloppy Trijicons.
But #### I hate to give up "bragging rights" on those 50 yard 6" plate shots.

For those interested, here is a link.
XS Sights

· Registered
411 Posts
I'm in, if you like them, let me know and i'll order my own set, if you don't i'll take them off your hands, try them myself, and if I don't like them, i'll sell them to anybody else that wants to try them.
Eventually somebody will give them a loving home.

· Registered
411 Posts
I'm also interested to see how snugly they fit the rear dovetail. My Trijicons are a very loose fit, I've had no problems but it is rather disconcerting. The Meps are a much better fit on my wifes P99QA.
If they fit the dovetail like the Meps do, that would be a big bonus.

· Registered
411 Posts
Better to have it and not need it, than the other way around.
I get plenty good hits inside 21' just using a "flash" sight picture, the option to make precision shots at extended range is good to have.
Where I live, extended range is a definate possibility, and even though I usually have a rifle in the truck, there is the possibility of having to fight my way back to the truck with just a pistol.
Desert country, near the border with Mexico, on a popular drug "highway", you get a whole different definition of "imminent danger" and "justified shooting".

· Registered
411 Posts
Just to get the XS sight question back up.
How are they working out for you CKW?
I'm thinking about getting a set, and was wondering how you liked them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.