Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The P99 mags are almost identical (the metal body shape and size) to Beretta mags. MecGar used to make factory Beretta mags too.

Finding after market P99 mag springs is impossible.

But, U can use aftermarket (Wollfe) Beretta 92 springs in the P99 mags if need be.

Someone gave me 2 old, Interarms-aged P99 10 round mags. They worked, but the slide would not lock back on the last shot.

Well, I tried a 10 round Beretta 92 spring in the mag - works perfectly. I still kept the P99 follower...

Just an FYI!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you thank you!!! I was looking everywhere online for P99 mag springs, and this will be great! Thanks again!

Woot!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was lucky enough for someone to give me a stock spring from a 10 rounder Beretta factory mag - I tried it yesterday and it worked great.

I need one more spring to fix the other old mag and then I have 2 more range mags :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The P99 mags are almost identical (the metal body shape and size) to Beretta mags. MecGar used to make factory Beretta mags too.

Finding after market P99 mag springs is impossible.

But, U can use aftermarket (Wollfe) Beretta 92 springs in the P99 mags if need be.

Someone gave me 2 old, Interarms-aged P99 10 round mags. They worked, but the slide would not lock back on the last shot.

Well, I tried a 10 round Beretta 92 spring in the mag - works perfectly. I still kept the P99 follower...

Hey Ship, I'm glad those old 10 rounders are going to work out for you. I had to adjust the opening on them to get them to feed properly but just didn't trust them so I picked up 3 15 round mags from Midway. By the way the gun that those came with is a 1998 date code.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks. I wasn't 100% sure how old they were.

They worked 100% in my P99 and in a buddies - they just weren't locking the slide back.

I wouldn't use them for carry - as they are only 10 rounders. But, they are still 100% reliable, and make great range mags. When I sold my SW99, I lost a couple of mags with that. So, I can definetly use them. I have 6 hi caps for my P99. With these, I am good. I just needa scrounge up 1 more spring.

I may just order one from Wollfe when I buy some USPc mag springs soon.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know what springs work for the 15 round mags?

Just get the 15 round Beretta springs - they should work fine. The feed lips look identicle to Beretta mags. Really, only the whole in the mag for the mag catch and the floorplate makes it look different on the OLD P99 mags. The newer ones have ribs on the side.

But, I'd bet that the 15 rounder Beretta 92 mags will work just perfectly. If I ever need to replace any, that is what I will do.

Go to www.gunsprings.com and find the Beretta 92FS mag springs for 9mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts