Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For how long will this trigger system be easy to get in the USA? It is one of the major "positive" attributes of this design to me. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I would say that after the first 1/2 of this coming year, it would probably be very hard to get one new, unless you pay a premium at a place like Earl's Repair Service, who will still import a few.

But, it's anyone's guess. No one can answer that for sure; just make an educated guess..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is pretty lame... Why would S&W stop importing this version? It is so unique and safe... I'm glad the "standard" 1911 isn't going anywhere (that style of gun is my second choice to a p99, glock style triggers (like the steyer(sp?) don't appeal to me).

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Who knows - might be Walther's decision. Since S&W is no longer making their version either, maybe it isn't their choice...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I may have a new style one month old P99 40 AS from Earl's for sale in a month with exactly 48 rounds through it for about $600.00. I'll explain why I am selling it if I chose to go that route.

Rockets out...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mr. Lunde,

I did not realize you are a moderator over here though that should not surprise me. I just want to thank you for the Walther FAQ, I have bought seven Walther P99’s in the past two months, four for customers and your FAQ has been indispensable as a resource to find full German Walthers and to solve a 40 slide lockback problem (yep, they were orange). Without your FAQ I expect I would have been on the phone for hours and still have been somewhat in the dark on many questions I have had.

Hats off to you sir.

Rockets Out…..

·
Registered
356 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rockets @ Dec. 03 2005,05:59)]I did not realize you are a moderator over here though that should not surprise me.
Actually, I am not a moderator. A small number of us were made moderators in order to facilitate a discussion that took place here over a year ago.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A huge thanks just the same.

Rockets Out...

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's an importer decision, meaning S&W. However, the apparent continued availability of the AS version through regular distribution channels makes me question whether this took place, though it may be scheduled to happen at the end of this year. Given S&W's new M&P pistol, their emphasis on the P99 line (and their own SW99 line) may weaken further.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am seriously considering an additional AF AS in 40, just in case they do become unavailable at some point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really think that it is lame that S&W will not bring the AS trigger in anymore, and that Earl's is charging a ridiculous amount to get one... I wonder if writing enough emails to either of them could help solve this problem...

·
Registered
356 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoomStick @ Dec. 04 2005,14:55)]I really think that it is lame that S&W will not bring the AS trigger in anymore, and that Earl's is charging a ridiculous amount to get one... I wonder if writing enough emails to either of them could help solve this problem...
The S&W problem could be solved through enough letters, but not the Earl one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in,

Michael F. Golden
President and CEO
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01102-2208
800-372-6454 Fax: 413-747-3682

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome, I really hope we can keep getting this awesome firearm at a reasonable price. Did Earl raise his prices when he found out S&W was not going to be importing them? I remember them always being on the high side (I found his site when looking for a CP99), but 800 bucks for a P99 is ridiculous... I bet the prices will go up even more when S&W officially stops bringing them in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To be honest I am surprised the SW is still importing any of the Walthers to begin with. They are competing with their own P99. My guess is that when their contractual agreements are met they will stop importing all together. Earl wont drop prices cause he has no competition. SW's lack of importing the AS should not be a surprise to anyone. The AS has a snow balls chance in hell of being picked up by any LEO agency. The trigger takes time to learn and practice to perfect. Neither of these concepts are high on LEO training these days.

On a different note, who knows what it takes to import from Walther direct???

·
Registered
47 Posts
To be honest I am surprised the SW is still importing any of the Walthers to begin with. They are competing with their own P99. My guess is that when their contractual agreements are met they will stop importing all together. Earl wont drop prices cause he has no competition. SW's lack of importing the AS should not be a surprise to anyone. The AS has a snow balls chance in hell of being picked up by any LEO agency. The trigger takes time to learn and practice to perfect. Neither of these concepts are high on LEO training these days.

On a different note, who knows what it takes to import from Walther direct???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm... sounds like a good idea to give Earl some competition, he must be used to having someone else bringing them in as well by now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts