Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering picking up the new for 2014 full size PPQ .22 over a P22 along with a 9mm PPQ (Classic or M2). Does anyone have a idea on the price? If the price is right it would make sense to pick the PPQ .22 over a P22Q or a PPK .22 lr. Too bad from the pics in the 2014 catalog it doesn't look like it's going to have a paddle release which may lead me into getting the M2 for my 9mm because I think it'd make sense to be consistent with the .22 training pistol. Although having both the button and paddle would keep me on my toes...any thoughts?

Also any idea on prices for the classic? I have a feeling they are going to charge premium for this pistol because of the strong demand and rarity of the PPQ all around. The Shot Show is right around the corner, but I don't wanna wait much longer. I gotta get a PPQ ASAP. I am in love with this gun!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
$550 is about right. If your hunger has to be satisfied, local LGS or Big Box is likely in the $650 neighborhood. M2s are getting to be available (I am seeing them regularly in recent travels) so that takes the wind out of the price-gougers on-line.

Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I'd get the Classic if I had to choose, by I'm a huge Classic fan...

I doubt you'd have huge issues if you bought a PP"U"Q zinc 22 for training....

I frequently switch between a PPK and my Qs and have never mixed up the mag release but the shapes are completely different so maybe my mind and muscle memory don't get confused...

Reactions: MillerMpls

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have two PPQ's. I want at least one more, but am not interested in the M2 at all. I have enough magazines dedicated to the PPQ that I do not need or want any of the variants. Added to the fact I prefer the paddles on my nine HK's, and my PPQ's.

I presently have 4 Walther factory 15 rounders
12 Mag Research 15 rounders
11 Walther factory 17 rounders
4 Walther factory 20 rounders

And none of them will fit a M2.

As to the 22's, I would prefer a conversion kit, but might consider a 22 pistol.

One of my greatest hopes is that Walther doesn't "FIX" the PPQ M1 if they in fact bring one to market. I hope it is identical to my PPQ's.

Go figure.

Fred

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
One of my greatest hopes is that Walther doesn't "FIX" the PPQ M1 if they in fact bring one to market. I hope it is identical to my PPQ's.
Fred
Put your mind at ease Fred. The Classic Q is already back...a couple of Classic BD date codes from FT Smith have already shown up here on the forum and they appear to be exactly the same!

·
Registered
163 Posts
My brand new BD M1 is identical to my BB (well other than caliber and import stamp), but mags are interchangeable between my Q's and P99s.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't know why they cheaped out on the PPQ .22 with a zinc slide. Its a shame really. Be interesting to see what the price is. I'm thinking it'll be about 100 too much for what it is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gentlemen, thank you for the SitRep on the new PPQ M1, sounds like a new gun or two to be acquired.

Again, thank you.

Fred

·
Registered
20 Posts
MSRP on the PPQ M2. 22lr in a 4" single mag package looks to be $429, with pricing online as cheap as $350. There's a show this weekend, I'll have to see if I can find one there. Everyone is currently out of stock.

I'm mixed on if I'll like it or not, as my others are a PPS and a PPQ M1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The PPS is another model I am looking at. The consensus seems to be that the PPS is very concealable cousin of the PPQ and if you shoot the one good chances are you'll like the way you shoot with the other.
Walther is going to have a heck of a year with all the hardware I am going to pick up. I've been searching for a good price on a PPQ Classic, PPQ .22 lr, and a PPS. Checked my LGS' they go through Davidsons that seems to have no inventory. Bass Pro, Cabelas and Gander Mountain seem to be a joke. There's an old man that's a dealer out in the boondocks. Hopefully I'll have some luck with him. He's got connects in the industry. Had good prices on Ruger, Glock, S&W but last time I spoke with him he wasn't wheeling and dealing on the walther products.
Also found a place in town that machines barrels and has a relationship with Gemtech. I can't wait to have a suppressed PPQ!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
The PPS is an excellent firearm and the wife and I both have them. Not sure I'd call them cousins as they are quite different but yes, they do compliment each other very nicely. I'd carry it much more but the PPQ wins and is quite easily concealable for me. There have been a few times however the PPS sees a holster just because. Love both in 9mm.

Good luck getting your hands on them. Don't shy away from online. Slickguns, Buds, Gunbroker, etc.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
If you are also looking at a PPS for concealed carry, and are interested in the PPQ, then by all means take a look at the P99C, which is the best of all worlds, in my view.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking PPS or PPK for warm weather carry. I haven't forgot about the P99 or P99C. I've seen some video reviews on the PPS recently that got me excited about it.

Here's one of the videos that got me hyped up. NUTNFANCY Project just did a video comparing it to the XDS.

Walther makes so many damn attractive, quality, accurate and ergonomic pistols. I love this freaking company!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Curious, but why not the PPQ for warm weather carry? I live in Florida and carry my Q year round.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Curious, but why not the PPQ for warm weather carry? I live in Florida and carry my Q year round.
Me too, and I'm usually in shorts and a t shirt....

Reactions: HES
1 - 17 of 17 Posts