Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using my P99 Titanium .40 for IPSC Production division. The gun itself works quite well. I put close to 2000 rounds through it at this point, no failures.

Reloads is what I dread with this gun. When you go through a stage, rarely there is a chance to reload with an open slide, in most cases it is done with a closed slide and a round in the chamber. I find it to be a real pain inserting mags with all 10 rounds in and slide closed. In fact, a plastic buttplate on a mag broke off last Saturday when I hit it with a palm of my left hand!!! And these are the original MecGar $40 mags!

The effort to insert and lock in a mag becomes bearable when you have 8 rounds or less in it. I never needed to apply that much power to insert mags into my Glock 17. What's the difference? Are the springs going to relax one day?
Should I store the mags full for a while?

What is your experience?

Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
had my 40cal P99 QA for almost a year now. Had the same problem before w/ my 12rnd mags that came with the gun. Yes it's legal here in the Philippines to have more than 10rnds mags. I always keep the mags fully loaded w/ 12 rnds in my safe. Now, it's eassier to insert the mags full. And no, i have never experienced any FTF w/ those mags... ever.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Lots of people have been having problems with the oem floorplates breaking in the .40 cal mags. I'd call for extras (free) to have on hand.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Many makers 10-round magazines exhibit the same problem. They have to be made with any error on the short side so that 11 couldn't possibly be inserted. I consider 10-round magazines 9-round magazines and never have any problem. Just an irritating side effect of the brady bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts