Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a reliable place to get full-cap mags for a P99? Someone mentioned Doc Glock once, but he never really got back to me about it.. I'd like to pick up a couple of factory full-cap mags now that AWB is dead.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see anything in the search I did. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earls Repair service's website hasn't been updated in a long time and lists 'Pre-ban' 16 round magazines @ 100 dollars. I was looking for something a little less spendy. I will try to get in touch with S&W. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlueSix @ Jan. 10 2005,3:15)]Earls Repair service's website hasn't been updated in a long time and lists 'Pre-ban' 16 round magazines @ 100 dollars.  I was looking for something a little less spendy.  I will try to get in touch with S&W.  Thanks!
Earl's doesn't charge $100.00 anymore. The prices are down at around $35.00 each, if I recall correctly. That's what I paid for five magazines back in October 2004.

Earl's updates their site very infrequently. It can be a bit of an annoyance, but they do have some neat stuff that is difficult to find anywhere else.

·
Registered
39 Posts
blueiron: If you are looking for 15 round magazines, S&W/WaltherAmerica has them for about $40.

However, if you are looking for the 16 round magazines, CDNN has some in stock for $40 also.  I called them this morning and they said they had some in stock.

I also called Earl's Repair Service and he has 16 round magazines in stock.  They used to sell for $100, but are now going for $75.  He said this was a batch of magazines he ordered before the ban, so they should have no LEO markings.  I'm not sure about the ones he sells for $40 (website mentions LEO requirements)... this might be outdated AWB information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unjoiner, I did not see the 15rd mags on the WaltherAmerica.com website. I'm looking to buy 6 mags for the QA I'm soon to buy. However my state mag round limit is 15. Does my gun dealer need to order it from them, or am I just looking in the wrong spot? ("Handgun Accessories").

I'll tell you what; this is the most informative Walther group I've come across! Thanks in advance for your input.

If you have the answer and your name isn't Unjoiner, feel free to go ahead and post anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Strahl: You are looking in the right spot.  However, I would try calling WaltherAmerica 1(800) 372- 6454 or Smith & Wesson 1(800) 331-0852.  Both are really the same place.  This should be a better way to get information on what they currently have in stock.

Sometimes a website can't keep up with a company's changes in stock.  I remember when I tried to order some more 16 round magazines, the sales rep searched their inventory database and told me they were sold out of the 16 round mangazines and were not getting any more.  They said they had plenty of the 15 round magazines available.

CDNN Investments is another option.  Their number is 1(800)588-9500.  They have the 16 round magazines available, but you need the 15 round ones, so ask if they have any of those in stock yet.

I hope this helps... can't beat toll free numbers!

If none of these places work, you might see if your gun dealer can procure some for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does LE marked, civilian legal mean exactly?

Saw that on CDNN site...

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think LE marked means that prior to the AWB sunsetting that only Law Enforcement could possess high capacity or standard magazines. Now they are available to and legal for civilians.
I just ordered a 16 round SW99 magazine from Midwest tactical. I was going to order from CDNN but their shipping was too much for 1 mag.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (excitable boy @ Jan. 17 2005,5:20)]I think LE marked means that prior to the AWB sunsetting that only Law Enforcement could possess high capacity or standard magazines. Now they are available to and legal for civilians.
I just ordered a 16 round SW99 magazine from Midwest tactical. I was going to order from CDNN but their shipping was too much for 1 mag.
Yes. When you see the term "pre-ban", that refers to standard capacity magazines made before the ban in 1994. After that, manfacturers had to mark them "LEO only" so civilians couldn't buy them. It was still legal to own "pre-ban" -- which is why they fetched such a high price!

Now that the AWB is lifted, all standard capacity (some people get really upset when you call them "high" capacity -- that makes it sound like the gun control liberals were right!) magazines are legal to own. So even though they say "LEO only" on them, they're now legal for civilians. Some companies have started turning out new magazines that don't have the LEO markings on them -- and for some people it's a big deal. I personally don't care -- as long as they're reliable and hold a lot of rounds!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Navy87Guy @ Feb. 11 2005,10:23)]So even though they say "LEO only" on them, they're now legal for civilians.
Unless you live in a commy state like California or Massachusetts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts