Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my P99 to the range yesterday for a session of target practice. Much to my surprise, the pistol was functioning in a full auto mode; four or five times. It was tapping out five to six rounds with one squeeze of the trigger. I sent it out to ERS earlier today. It will be in good hands. Will be intersesting to isolate the cause of the problem; possibly the striker unit. The pistol has over 8K rounds through it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
full auto?

I now have 3 Walther P99 AS's and one of them that I just purchased new a week ago for some reason feels like there are 2 stages in the trigger when the striker is back.
If you pull the trigger in the way, to say, feel the creep in the trigger you can absolutly feel the 2 clicks before it fires. This is during a dry fire and if you release the trigger after the 1st click the trigger will go forward and decock the striker. This is the only one out of three that does this.
Now when you shoot it, you absolutley can not feel the seperate clicks, no matter how slow you pull the trigger.
Now I may be losing my mind but I really feel as though this one actually resets and shoots faster than the others.
Not a full auto but I have had a couple double taps occur faster than expected.

2alpha

·
Patron
212 Posts
I took my P99 to the range yesterday for a session of target practice. Much to my surprise, the pistol was functioning in a full auto mode; four or five times. It was tapping out five to six rounds with one squeeze of the trigger. I sent it out to ERS earlier today. It will be in good hands. Will be intersesting to isolate the cause of the problem; possibly the striker unit. The pistol has over 8K rounds through it.
I'm curious. Have you clipped the striker pring on that pistol?? Like everyone was taklking about before, the "5 coil trigger fix"???

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I had that happen with a TPH once, of all guns! Previeous owner had an "action job" done to it. Main spring was ground down, the long way :eek:

At that time, I did worked occationaly for Interarms and they replaced the spring.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm curious. Have you clipped the striker pring on that pistol?? Like everyone was taklking about before, the "5 coil trigger fix"???
I did not do anything to alter the striker spring. The only thing that I can think of that may be a possible cause of the problem, is a weak striker spring after firing so many rounds through the pistol. I will get a definitive answer in the near future after the pistol has a thorough going-over.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you sure the striker isn't getting stuck forward of the breech face? I can't say for Walther's but with Glocks lubing the striker channel leading to buildup and the striker not moving freely is what usually sends them full auto. Slam firing at it's finest! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts