Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it second hand last year, cleaned twice before going to the range. Loaded five rounds into the magazine, fired all with no issues. Loaded another five and had FTF. Manually ejected and cleared, reloaded, cycled the safety, no joy. Cleaned again post-range, we'll see how it goes Saturday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought it second hand last year, cleaned twice before going to the range. Loaded five rounds into the magazine, fired all with no issues. Loaded another five and had FTF. Manually ejected and cleared, reloaded, cycled the safety, no joy. Cleaned again post-range, we'll see how it goes Saturday.
We purchased a PK for my wife to carry 8 months ago. For the first 500 rounds , it averaged a FTF once every 25 rounds. I checked and cleaned , inspected everything to no avail. After reading up on the issues here, we emailed Ft. Smith. The round trip took about 10 days . I asked and got no real explanation as to what they found. It has worked flawlessly for the last 600 rounds. Seems like you get a great gun right off the bat or a fixer upper that , with patience, can be made to
work . Just reading the stories, I don’t think it’s that uncommon with PK380’s to have FTF and FTE.

Reactions: Angry Hippo

·
Registered
775 Posts
try a box or two (if you can find them) of CCI Blazer Brass. I have a S&W version of the PPK which has issues with some ammo. my better results are with CCI. it has yet to like any reman’d ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try a box or two (if you can find them) of CCI Blazer Brass. I have a S&W version of the PPK which has issues with some ammo. my better results are with CCI. it has yet to like any reman’d ammo.
I think I have some. Issue has to be with pistol, as G42 fired without a problem. I will follow-up on Saturday after my range time.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Avnrulz, have you removed the firing pin and cleaned out the channel it rides in? I have a Sig P938 that shaves brass enough that it will clog up that channel and bind the firing pin causing light primer strikes

Another cause could be a weak hammer spring.

In my experience both Magtech and Blazer have hard primers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Avnrulz, have you removed the firing pin and cleaned out the channel it rides in? I have a Sig P938 that shaves brass enough that it will clog up that channel and bind the firing pin causing light primer strikes

Another cause could be a weak hammer spring.

In my experience both Magtech and Blazer have hard primers.
I will give it a look. Also plan to replace the recoil spring and guide rod with a captured spring assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts