Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here with a PPK and interested in purchasing a Vedder LightTuck Kydex holster for it. Wondering if any one has this set-up and how they like it?

Also, given the various versions (Interarms/S&W/Ft Smith) of the PPK, would a molded Kydex holster need to be specifically matched for each version (eg, like Altamont grips)?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello, new here with a PPK and interested in purchasing a Vedder LightTuck Kydex holster for it. Wondering if any one has this set-up and how they like it?

Also, given the various versions (Interarms/S&W/Ft Smith) of the PPK, would a molded Kydex holster need to be specifically matched for each version (eg, like Altamont grips)?

Thank you in advance.
The Vedder LT Is an excellent kydex holster. It is completely adjustable for both ride height and degree of cant. I wear mine low, with a straight drop, AIWB. Despite the slight changes made, mostly by S&W and largely continued by the new production out of Ft Smith, the slide of all of them is the same, so the VLT holster will fit a West German, Interarms, S&W, or the new Ft Smith model the same. The major external difference is in the Gawd-awful tang adopted by S&W and still in evidence on the new ones. I for one find that horrible protrusion almost totally ruins the aesthetics of a beautiful pistol. But stick it in a Vedder; you’ll find it to a comfortable and secure holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thank you for the information on the Vedder and side consistency. Agree on the beavertail eyesore, but at least it seems functional, cradling/protecting the hammer when cocked. Given the exceptional safety features of this semi (which I really like), it seems right in line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts