Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Interesting. At a LGS, I recently saw a mint in the box Ulm/Interarms .380 PPK for $1600. Because I wasn't buying that day, I didn't ask to look it over so I didn't see the date code. However, from the serial number I think it was a 1980 pistol.
Same seller also had a boxed Ulm/Interarms .380 PPK/S for $1000.
Another seller of WWII Walthers had two nice commercial PPK pistols in the $1800 range.

PS: The first seller also had a very nice P88 with two mags for $950. I wanted to trade two pistols for it, but he wasn't accepting trades.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. At a LGS, I recently saw a mint in the box Ulm/Interarms .380 PPK for $1600. Because I wasn't buying that day, I didn't ask to look it over so I didn't see the date code. However, from the serial number I think it was a 1980 pistol.
Same seller also had a boxed Ulm/Interarms .380 PPK/S for $1000.
Another seller of WWII Walthers had two nice commercial PPK pistols in the $1800 range.

PS: The first seller also had a very nice P88 with two mags for $950. I wanted to trade two pistols for it, but he wasn't accepting trades.
So you think my price is off ? too high ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, I think $1500 is too much for any PPK/S. A mint (gun and spare mage in still plastic bags) in the box Ulm .380 PPK/S, wtih all the goodies, is $1000-1200 max. At my local gun show, nice "shooters" go for $750-850.

PPK pistols usually cost more than PPK/S pistols.

PPK and PPK/S pistols usually cost more in .32 acp than .380 acp.

Carbon steel pistols usually cost more than stainless steel.

ZM more $ than Ulm; Ulm more $ than Ranger; Ranger $ more than S&W.

In gun stores, you can often find nice Rangers priced same as a Fort Smith.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So you think my price is off ? too high ?
NO!
I recently purchased a 'minty' 1977 German-import PPK/S SN 217XXX for $680 on Gunbroker - with the checkered wood grips like yours, which I believe were originally an Interarms option - but no box, papers, original grips or cleaning-rod. Factoring in shipping, FFL, sales tax in my state, etc.... I wound up paying more than $800!
My reason for buying this particular piece was I recently discovered my first PPK/S had been flood damaged. Not totally ruined. It still functions as a shooter. but the rust damage on the grip-frame and left side of the slide can't be repaired. It will never be original again.
So I decided see if it was at all possible to find a twin to my damaged PPK/S, preferably in better shape than mine was before the flood, and as close to the same SN as possible. The replacement SN is 212 away from my first one, and I already had the paperwork, cleaning-rod, and Walther plastic grips, in an original Interarms PPK/S box, which all survived the flood.
The box SN doesn't match my 'new' PPK/S, but it didn't match my first either.
I probably went a bit overboard. But this will be a one-time experience for me. So no regrets.
Pic below of my damaged PPK/S (the 'good' side) above its' replacement.

Happy Motoring, Mark D.
Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, I think $1500 is too much for any PPK/S. A mint (gun and spare mage in still plastic bags) in the box Ulm .380 PPK/S, wtih all the goodies, is $1000-1200 max. At my local gun show, nice "shooters" go for $750-850.

PPK pistols usually cost more than PPK/S pistols.

PPK and PPK/S pistols usually cost more in .32 acp than .380 acp.

Carbon steel pistols usually cost more than stainless steel.

ZM more $ than Ulm; Ulm more $ than Ranger; Ranger $ more than S&W.

In gun stores, you can often find nice Rangers priced same as a Fort Smith.
But the OP, 'householder' is asking $800.

Mark D.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This very likely is a scam as OP hasn’t responding for 3 days after I made the payment. I’ll apologize if this is a mistake which I’d be very glad but it may just be a wishful thinking at this time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
This very likely is a scam as OP hasn’t responding for 3 days after I made the payment. I’ll apologize if this is a mistake which I’d be very glad but it may just be a wishful thinking at this time.
32 post, yep? That's why I didn't respond.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wondered too, but the posts looked genuine.
First, I hope it’s a misunderstanding and things will work out. (Check your spam folder!) I’ve got taken for couple of hundred $$ on another gun forum and that made me much more cautious.

Question 1: how did you pay?
Question 2: if you’ve read his posts, in one of them he suggests this safeguard for GB transactions- “… I always ask for specific photos like a pictures of the gun and a note with my name handwritten on the paper. It has never failed.” Did you ask him for this?

Good luck!

·
Registered
236 Posts
OP hasn’t been active since the payment was made. Maybe something happened to him I don’t know.

Payment was made in Zelle. Should’ve asked for a picture with my name on it.
Check out this exact pistol sold elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OP hasn’t been active since the payment was made. Maybe something happened to him I don’t know.

Doesn’t look good. I’d call the actual seller from guns int’l just to confirm the suspicion, and than start the grieving period…

·
Registered
335 Posts

Yeah, he's at a tittie bar with the money?

·
Registered
335 Posts

Well there ya go? Looks like the pictures were stolen from a genuine listing?

·
Registered
236 Posts
GB has its challenges but overall quite safe. Sorry about what happened to you. I always ask for specific photos like a pictures of the gun and a note with my name handwritten on the paper. It has never failed.
Can you imagine this thief actually made this post a month ago!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts