Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, both interiors and exteriors are in excellent + condition. Comes with Includes 3 factory mags, saftey booklet, mint in factory box, factory test target, owners manual,
$900 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Warning!!! - Hiroc is a Scammer!

In all the years of trusting fellow gun enthusiasts, I got taken! After replying to this ad and setting everything up for purchase of this P88, I thought all was well and I sent a Postal Money order off to Hiroc. I put a track on the money order and on the 13th of January the check arrived. On 15th of January, I get an email stating that the P88 has been shipped, via FedEx (no tracking number given.). On the 16th I ask for a tracking number, so I can coordinate with my FFL for pickup. I get a response saying he is out of town visiting his parents, but he will get with his wife and have her send him the tracking number and he will get it to me. On the 18th, I again ask for the tracking number. On the 19th I get a reply saying "Fedex said you will get the package on Monday. Coming home Sunday and I will get to the bottom of the delay myself". On Monday, I get a reply "Got home really late, The package was report back to my address. Don't know why.
Please confirm your FFL's address:"

I again, send my FFL address to him.

I send him my FFL address again, and then get this reply "Do you think FedEx have issues shipping firearms. i think i state it on the paper. damn!!! could could have all been my fault."

I tell him, that UPS is much better at shipping firearms.

On Wed. 22 of January, I ask again about shipment. I get this reply: "The P88 was damaged while i was carrying it around, Yes it's best i return you money, where do you want the check sent to ?"

I reply that "that's not good, How badly?". This is the reply I get: "The barrel got broken, i was in a hurry to get it shipped yesterday and i got into a little incident. i was so weak when i found out that it was damaged. where do you want to be refunded ?"

I asked to see some pictures of the damage, thinking that maybe if it wasn't too bad, I could get a replacement barrel from Earl or someone. No pictures were sent.

Five days later, I ask about my refund check. This is the response: "waiting on my pay check Sir."

No you can imagine I'm just down right mad now. He had no right to spend that money yet, until I got what I paid for!!!

I still have a small bit of hope, since he's still communicating with me, so I send another email and state that I want a Postal Money order sent now, and I want a tracking number.

31st January, I get this reply "Yes it goes out today, Thanks for your patience Sir."

Today is February 10th and I still haven't seen my money!

My trust in my fellow "gun nuts" has now been eroded. This looked legit from the start, just as many of my other long distance private purchases have been. This one just takes the cake. He even talked about his kids and how much he "loves them with all his heart" in one of the emails to me. Well, I hope those kids still love him, when they find out their daddy is a thief!! (although he probably doesn't have any kids)

Anyway, rant over. I'm now taking steps to get my money back and possibly get him arrested.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I feel for you.

Personally been fortunate in dealing with scammers, my requests for item pics showing S/N# and current date usually ends the communications.

If I blindly sent funds in '18/'19 (without verification pics), I would have been scammed out of almost $10k in the last two years.

Sometimes just requesting a "face to face" deal at a gun store or Police station of their choice results in crickets. That's a good result vs the consequences.

Another option, agree to pay a nominal fee that allows an FFL near the seller to assess and provide THEIR pics of the item.

Serious gun owners/sellers have NO issues establishing trust. They've been there at some point.

·
Registered
318 Posts
feel bad for you, hope you nail the crook to the wall. I have only bought 1 pistol through the net, from an individual in Miami, I am from Indiana. All went well getting the 2 FFL holders together. Keep us informed of your outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts