Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a safariland triple retention holster for my p99 and after drawing it alot, the inside retention bars have begun to wear on the plastic front site of my p99, can u get steel or metal replacements?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ALL the night sites i have seen are of the 3 dot kind, Personally i cant stand 3 dot sites, just dont like um. I prefer the euro style. Do they make Euro (back site with a U shape?) night sights?

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to the folks at Kaehny, no.  The metal sights are only in 3-dot.

P-T offers something that looks like a Euro-Style sight, at least the white outline is similar.  They have some alternatives to 3-dot style in tritium, too (box-bar) , but it appears that nothing is available for the p99 except 3-dot.

Have you contacted them?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PT? whats that?

I was looking at some Metrolights Night sights today. They are made by Kimber, are they good? are they metal?
they are conisiderably cheaper than the trijicon ones.........

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
PT Nightsights offers numerous color and dot/bar configurations for a lot of different pistols. I'm not sure if the P99 is on their list.

These sights are not as durable as Meps or Trijicon, but they'll do if your not too rough on them. The vials are still guaranteed though.

Tritium night sights are illegal in Germany. Even for the police from what I understand.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Trijicon's are the best, but I don't think they make them for the P99.

Meprolight's are available and are almost as good. Cheaper too.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The way the vials are mounted in the sights and the fact that they are "supposed" to last longer.

I was unaware that Trij made sight for the P99. Last time I checked was several months ago and they didn't offer them at the time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The ones that Earl sells use Trijicon tritium inserts, but the sight bodies themselves are of Earl's own design, and are the best, in my opinion. That price is steep, probably full retail, for the Trijicons. If you're planning to spend that much, spring Earl's at $125 a set.

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herr Walther @ Aug. 19 2003,5:36)]I was unaware that Trij made sight for the P99. Last time I checked was several months ago and they didn't offer them at the time.
The Trijicons on my P99, are more than 18 months old.
So they have been around at least that long.
Look under Smith&Wesson for the SW99 sights, they are the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had a Trijicon set on my P99 since late 1999 or early 2000.  I have been pleased with them, but I agree with the comments about Earl's sights.  If I had it to do over, I would get those.

I have a set of P-T sights on my Sig 229, and I can't really find fault with them.  I believe they DO offer sights for the P99, but only the 3-dot style.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i think i am intersted in the trijicons because they are shaped more low profile and a bit sleeker, the meprolights are a bit bigger, and that is an issue for me

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually, I think you have it backwards.

I've had the Earls, the Meps and the Trijicons.

Earls are most low profile of the bunch, however the finish on the rear sight is a brownish color and didn't match the finish of the gun or the front sight (Earl uses Trijicon front sights with his rear sight, my rear Earls sight was noticeably dimmer than the front, the front was dim also). The Mepro's are actually a lower profile sight than the Trijicons. The Trijicons are blocky, especially in the back where the Mepro's have a swept back design.  Out of all the sights I've tested on my P99 I like the Mepro's the best. They had the best fit, a decent profile and super bright vials.  

I should be getting my XS 24/7 standard night sights in any day now and will post a range report as well as some pics.

My personal opinion is go with the Mepro's.

Here is a good pic of a P99 with Mepro's, courtesy Of Venom600.

http://www.venom600.org/guns/pics/p99-rt-small.jpg

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Well I guess when Smith came out with their own bastardized version, Trijicon decided to offer them. They never had them before. I guess it was more than several months ago when I last checked.

I'm really surprised that LaserMax hasn't followed their lead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts