Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tool that I can buy that fits the attachment screw for the Walther P99/P22 fiber optic front sight (Walther part number WM009HV)?

If there is.......how much and where can I buy it?

All 3 of my HiViz sights are loose and I don't have a tool to fit the attachment screw.  The gunsmith will take weeks to tighten them AND he is about 45 miles away.

Thanks.
W

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one for $5 at www.glockparts.com and the shipping was a buck!!!!
I also want some GunTite made by LocTite and it sells for about $7.50 but everyone wants $8 for shipping..........

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wings -

Any "Blue" Loctite will work for your pistol. Guntite is more likely than not.........the same product under a "new" name.

You can find the blue loctite at any hardware store.

Only use "red" if you are looking for more of a permenant install-- it will require "heat" to remove this color. So I highly recommend the Blue

JF.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hoppes sells some blue Loc-Tite under the Hoppes name.
Wally world sells it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah get the blue. I used red and didn't know that you needed heat to remove it...I finally got the sight off but boy what a pain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got off my butt and called Customer Service at HiViz today. They said that the Glock tool that I ordered will fit the retaining screw AND they will pass on my suggestion to just put a slot in it so you can use a screwdriver!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well here is the latest.

The $5 Glock Front Sight Tool works perfectly for the HiViz front sight installation on the Walther P99c.  I put some blue LocTite on it and so far it's fine.  I "assume" that it will go on the same on the P99.

Now.......putting that same HiViz sight on a P22 is horse of a different color.  The access to put the retaining screw in the sight is a monster challenge because the hole in the bottom of the sight is right under the end of the slide where the barrel goes through it. It's basically blocked and you have to install it from the back OR front of the hole.  You have to get to the screw sideways to tighten it.

There is also a super small flat washer that goes on the retaining screw.  Be careful.  I was lucky to find it after it decided to fall on the floor.

At this point I just finished putting some LocTite on the flat washer to keep it in place when I try to get the screw started in the sight.  As soon as the LocTite is dry I'll put it together.......
....maybe I'll have a shot the new bottle of Curevo Black before I start!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts