Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Walther PPK/S .380 that says Made in France. No mention of Manhurin, but there is St. Etienne marked on the pistol. This gun is in great shape, and I have all the paperwork and box. I haven't found much information about the St. Etienne marked guns. Any information on where I can info or possible values would be great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's pretty rare. The plant in St. Etienne made parts and provided support for several PP and PPK lines made for European police in the early-to-mid 60's. Some or all of the pistols were constructed by Walther tooling, and not made under license.

It's pretty valuable I would imagine- I wonder, does it have the lanyard ring ? You should definitely hang onto it; though it may make you wish to surrender to the first foreign soldier you see...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, there is no lanyard ring. I do have the original box and a fancy certificate in french with the serial number, etc. I saw a similar ppk/s listed on Gunbroker.com, and the asking price was $999.99. I bought this gun for $225.00 a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a Manurhin PPK/S in .22LR for $360+ tax. Unfired with both mags, manual, certificate, test target, and plastic Manurhin-marked box.

I think this rare gun was extremely undervalued by the shop, by at least $150, but I guaranatee if the gun had been marked "Walther" they would have asked double and easily got it. Unfortunately Manurhin marked PP's just don't seem to generate much collector interest.

The only bad thing is that I need to locate a set of regular Manurhin PP grips, as it has these terrible thumbrest "target" grips on it (almost certainly so it could make enough poiints to be importable).

Anyone have any sources?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Damn
you are lucky..... sooo lucky
congrats.... I shot my PP .22lr today and besides the doubleaction first shot it was one great shooter......

anyhow to your quest for grips.... look no further
Earl's has em...  
not the cheapest but he has them...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, guess Earl's is it, as he has the exact grips that I need (black manuhin w/o thumbrest).

I suspect this will be a great shooter, I sold a Sig Mosquito at a slight loss to finance it, but the Sig just felt...cheap. It worked, but only with the "light" spring, the heavy spring turned it into a jammamatic.

This Manuhin, though, just reeks with quality.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Would you want to find a new home for your thumbrest grips ?
I might be interested if they are black and don't have the checkering all the way up to the slide on the left side grip ??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello,

All PPs, PPKs and PPK/Ss made before 1986 were machined in Mulhouse/France by Manurhin. Some were assembled by Manurhin with the Manurhin markings and St-Etienne proofs, other were assembled by Manurhin too but with Walther markings and St-Etienne proofs, as the Walther name sold better for exports. Parts were also sent to Ulm/Germany where the Walther factory did the assembly, finish, marks and proofs.

In the 80s Matra bought Manurhin and couldn't find an agreement with Walther to go on with the licence production. So Walther took over all the production in 1986.

Bye.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ April 24 2006,4:53)]Would you want to find a new home for your thumbrest grips ?
I might be interested if they are black and don't have the checkering all the way up to the slide on the left side grip ??
I would definately be interested in selling them. They are black, and I do believe the checkering is identical to the brown Manurhin thumbrest grips pictured on the ERS page.

I don't have the gun in hand; it's currently in a "pawn hold" until May 18th at the gunshop so that the police can make sure it isn't stolen property.

I plan on visiting the shop this Thursday, and will ask to see it and confirm for you the grip configuration. I'll report back.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Cool .... let me know
I am getting my PP of to get refinished and then they would look great on mine...
just making sure that the right grip panel doesn't have the checking all the way up.....

Just let me know

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
is that on both sides or only the left side

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts