Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the pistols this guy is selling are more than likely reblued and possibly faked. he is on this forum as JT5249

the dr goebbels model 8 he has listed for sell is more than likely totally fake, it's been called a fake years ago in the past and he used to have it listed for sale for 250k+. I spotted a gunbroker listing for a manurhin ppk which he purchased for 860 then reblued and removed the interarms VA marking on it and has it listed for over 2000 USD now.

original listing: Manurhin Walther PPK 7.65 mm - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 893491033

reblued listing pitched as OG mint: Walther / Manurhin PPK 7.65mm .32ACP C&R - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 897741169

it's shit like this which kept me from trying to buy a PPK for so long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All of the pistols this guy is selling are more than likely reblued and possibly faked. he is on this forum as JT5249

the dr goebbels model 8 he has listed for sell is more than likely totally fake, it's been called a fake years ago in the past and he used to have it listed for sale for 250k+. I spotted a gunbroker listing for a manurhin ppk which he purchased for 860 then reblued and removed the interarms VA marking on it and has it listed for over 2000 USD now.

original listing: Manurhin Walther PPK 7.65 mm - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 893491033

reblued listing pitched as OG mint: Walther / Manurhin PPK 7.65mm .32ACP C&R - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 897741169

Wow. You're right. That's bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mods please ban this guy, do not let him transact here. DO NOT FUCKING SELL TO A GUY IN SYOSSET NY WITH THE NAME JAMES / JIM RONAGHAN.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's nothing wrong with what he is doing per say but a restored gun shouldn't list for that much maybe 600-700 USD tops. But he shouldn't try to sell a reblued gun as original.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
These are the places that I trust. I have purchased firearms from all of them.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts

Wow. I have bought several :pPK and PPK/S pistols off GunBroker, but none from him. He has excellent feedback there and is listed as an A+ Seller. I think he sets his prices too high is the reason I don't deal with him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. Thanks for posting this. And I agree it’s 100 perfect fraud and he should banned even from Gunbroker. Excellent catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
it’s 100 perfect fraud and he should banned even from Gunbroker.
It won't ever happen because all Gunbroker cares about is taking their cut of the profits. The subject of fraud and fakery comes up a lot over on ColtForum where guys have tried to get some results in shutting down these con artists but get nowhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It won't ever happen because all Gunbroker cares about is taking their cut of the profits. The subject of fraud and fakery comes up a lot over on ColtForum where guys have tried to get some results in shutting down these con artists but get nowhere.
gunbrokers message security is also compromised, they didn't seem to give a shit about that either. Anyways, yeah this is why I mostly shy away when it comes to buying "vintage" pieces. There's always some catch in my experience. The american gun industry has to be one of the most dishonest market I've dealt with.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Anyways, yeah this is why I mostly shy away when it comes to buying "vintage" pieces.
I use Gunbroker for parts and accessories, tools, books, etc. For firearms I only purchase from dealers that specialize in collectible guns that I trust and have been around for years. They may charge a little more but for me the piece of mind is worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agreed. That’s why I wouldn’t buy a 1st Gen Colt SAA for fear of not getting what I paid for. I wish these online companies would allow the dishonest sellers and buyers to be permanently banned. They aren’t good for the gun community. But they only care about making money which is fine. However, have some integrity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm out right now but alot of times I'll buy a whole lot of police surplus PP,s strip the blueing polish the marks and case harden them and resell them. And even I'm not asking this guys prices I get around 499-599 USD per pistol depends on if I have to replace the barrel.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts