Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who could give me an incite as to why my Franz Stock is stacking ?It also chimneys the last round fired. It does these both with its' original magazine and with an aftermarket I bought assuming the original magazine was the cause. Is it possible it just needs a strip and vigourous cleaning?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks,
TL

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Moon

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Moon,
I have no idea what he's asking, either -- and with the amount of time I have on the range as a RSO, I thought I'd heard pretty much all of the malfunction slang there is/was. (Lesson learned: no matter how much gun slang you've heard, there's always more to learn.)

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you rack the slide the first round chambers without issue. When you fire ,the next round does not cycle into the chamber. It is pushed up out of the ejection port and jams.
Let's try it "chimneys" but I have heard that term used only in conjunction with fired casings failing to fully eject.

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Does this occur with different brands of 7.65mm ammunition? I'm asking because I have a picky PPK (origin: Ulm plant in 1952) that likes/eats exactly one type of ammunition; with other types it will fail to feed.

My other thought is a weak recoil spring -- which can lead to problems stripping a round out of the magazine, resulting in malfunctions related to feeding misalignments/jams.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has happened with Fiocchi & S&B. I took it apart and cleaned it. There was what appeared to be a bit of varnish like dried lubricant on the recoil spring. If the cleaning does not solve the problem I will look at try to find another recoil spring. Thanks for your interest.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
If there is varnish-like residue from old oil, that will make the gun malf. Remove all the old oil, even if it means soaking the gun in kerosene. Remove the grips...
Your subsequent posts have been more easily understood....;)
Welcome aboard,
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts