Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question but, I shot my new ppq sc today and when I took it apart to clean it. I seen it had a scratch in the interior of the frame on the right edge. Is this just a thing on all the ppq sc or is this just factory damage?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Sorry, but I can't see the scratch. How bout using a 'paint' program to edit the picture, placing an arrow pointing at the scratch or maybe put a circle around the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but I can't see the scratch. How bout using a 'paint' program to edit the picture, placing an arrow pointing at the scratch or maybe put a circle around the area.
I circled it, It's probably not that big of a deal but I just find it really weird. Curious if it's on anyone else's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Okay, I see the ding. I can't answer your question. I'd say reassemble and shoot it some more, then field strip, clean and check that spot again.

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Yeah, I know I'm pretty OCD it's crazy to flip out about it.
It's always better to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised than assume the best and find out otherwise...especially with firearms.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you field strip the firearm and inspect it before transfer into your name?

Always a good idea.
You mean like do that at the store where you are buying the new gun? I did take the slide off my new Walter PPQ SC before I signed on the dotted line at the counter. But I was nervous doing that. I have a PPQ M2 4" 9 mm so I know how to take the slide off but I felt funny pulling the trigger in the store even after I check the magazine and the barrel champer for any bullets and knew it was empty. Still felt funny pulling the trigger inside the gun store before I could take the slide off the plastic frame to check out the gun.

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Still felt funny pulling the trigger inside the gun store before I could take the slide off the plastic frame to check out the gun.
Kampers

You do have every right to thoroughly inspect your firearm before accepting it. A field strip is a reasonable action on your part before accepting the weapon and the LGS will likely respect you for doing this or requesting them to field strip the weapon first.

If something looks or feels wrong with the weapon you could then talk with them about a more detailed examination of the weapon or refusal. After all it isn't your weapon until you accept delivery.

A reputable LGS will actually find your examination a good thing as it means you know what you are doing and what to look for with your weapon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts