Walther Forums banner

FRAME COLOUR - Which frame color do you own?

• Military OD Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always like the green frames (I have one in .40 QA), but the black isn't too shabby either. I was just wondering what was out there. The Walther is a good green, so so much better than the baby pooh yellow green on the green Glock frames, do you think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going to get a black one. But for looks, I would go with Titanium. The P99 Titanium always reminds me of the pistol in Halo 1, and it just looks the hottest of the 4 styles. I just don't like the look of these polymer frames in OD green. The new 92FS in OD looks incredible though. That and a few long guns (Wilson combat does a nice OD finish on Remington 870s and M4s) are the only firearms I like to see OD. BTW why don't you include Titanium on that list and/or QPQ.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have one of each. The poll needs some editing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just interested in FRAME color, I would have to agree that the titanium slides look better than the black, they probably wear better also.
Just as a side note, I don't think they offer the frame in titanium just the slide.

[/QUOTE]But for looks, I would go with Titanium.  The P99 Titanium always reminds me of the pistol in Halo 1, and it just looks the hottest of the 4 styles.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'd love a titanium (or even steel) framed P99

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have both. As far as the Titanium model goes, the huge lettering on the slide is ridiculous. I have a QPQ that I think is more low key. Also, with the Titanium slides, just how shiny is it? Is it a bead blasted sort of grey or a shiny stainless/nickel sort of finish? Is it similar to the QPQ?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Ti slide is similar to a bead blasted grey finish. You can get a good up-close look at mine in the guide rod thread that I started.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've owned Black guns, chrome guns, nickle guns, Blued guns and stainless steel guns.
It was time for a green gun and I like it a lot

·
Registered
95 Posts
I really like the look of the 2004 P99 QA Titanium...but black is the way to go. really though the p99 looks great in any color.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts