Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB: small and medium P99QA or AS backstraps

I recently inherited my father’s last duty pistol, a P99QA. Unfortunately he managed to lose the small and medium backstraps at some point, and I’d like to find both - the large that is on the gun now is too big for comfort.

Before I break down and buy them from Walther USA, does anyone have these in their parts box? They are Walther part numbers 2703262 (small) and 2703271 (medium.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone comment whether AS model backstraps will fit a QA model? They would probably be easier to find.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
The AS and QA backstraps are the same. They have the same part numbers.

2703262 S Backstrap
2703271 M Backstrap
2703289 L Backstrap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. I have a parts list for the AS that shows 262xxxx part numbers for the backstraps. The numbers you show are what I see on the QA parts list.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They must have changed part numbers at some point, the parts list I had for the AS models is revision A. Thanks, that will help with my search!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking for a replacement backstrap - just a small at this point. I finally got Dad’s gun to the range yesterday and I am having real problems with the current large backstrap. I would even consider trades - my large for your small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts