Walther Forums banner

Found a Walther PPK

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Core 
#1 · (Edited)
My parents are moving and while in the process of packing my father came upon a Walther PPK in original box given to him many years ago. He’s interested in selling and I was wondering about an approximate value. The serial number is 226xxx and it’s in perfect condition. Any help would be appreciated. There are no letters before or after.

#2 ·
My parents are moving and while in the process of packing my father came upon a Walther PPK in original box given to him many years ago. He’s interested in selling and I was wondering about an approximate value. The serial number is 226428 and it’s in perfect condition. Any help would be appreciated.
I recommend removing that serial # from this post and just show the firearm

#7 · (Edited)
I would agree with Kar. There are internet "stories" of this happening but they are to the best of my knowledge unsubstantiated.

If one is trying to establish a value for a weapon, especially an older Walther PPK the serial number may be extremely important.

It ends up being ones personal comfort zone but I've never been troubled by sharing serial numbers of any of my weapons and none have been reported stolen yet.

To the OP:
If you give us a little more information we can give you a better idea about the value. What caliber is it? Does it have all the paperwork included (manual,and test target) both magazines and a cleaning rod, is the box numbered to the weapon?
What are the markings on the side of the slide? Some clear photos of both sides of the weapon will help too.
The more information you share, the more help we can give you.

BTW Welcome to the Forums!

#9 ·
Dropping the serial and image online is unwise. Even if for confidentiality purposes, Google has proven that they are willing to use their techno might to allow tyrants to track guns online. What they dont realize is that the well intentioned power can and will be abused. Best to take non serialized pics and run your own serial search and let folks look at the gun to assess it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.