Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPK, 99 and a PPS -- love them....
I recently found (3) three PPQ's for 549.99 at the local gun shop.
Each come with two - 15 round mags.

Am I getting too involved in the panic of limiting clips and such?
Should I pick one up?

Hog

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thinks so. PPQ with S&W distributor sign and lever mag drop are not going to be made anymore(that exact combination ).....

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If I saw that at my LGS I would buy all three if they are 9MM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, get in line! I PM'd MinnHog as soon as I saw the post!:D

Already back at the gun shop I guess.. buying all three!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gun broker has one listing for 9mm PPQ for almost a $1000!!!! ($942 to be exact with over 30 bids ) . I'll bet if someone list NIB 9mm PPQ for sale there they can easily sell it for $800-$900

·
Registered
29 Posts
If he plays his cards right, looks like Minnhog could get himself a free old school PPQ!
;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a PPK, 99 and a PPS -- love them....
I recently found (3) three PPQ's for 549.99 at the local gun shop.
Each come with two - 15 round mags.

Am I getting too involved in the panic of limiting clips and such?
Should I pick one up?

Hog
What are clips????? Sorry, but it's time people start to realize the difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are all three sold.... I did get one.....
Thanks for the support and comments...
I was overwhelmed with PM's.... so I sent the gun dealer info to the first PM....Cheezwiz, and he bought the last one.....

Hog

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pgunner, and walther guys,

Sorry for the incorrect use of words in describing a cartidge feeding apparatus system as in a pistol's removable magazine...... I have several 1903-A3's and Springfields and Smith Coronas -- just used to the term "Clip" as in a few of these have clips..... at lease, I think these feeder devices are clips? I may be wrong...

Anyway, I do see several of these PPQ's in various stores up here in the boonies when I am out and about.... as of lately -- I can not tell where anymore are.... will keep a look out for you guys....

Hog

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Should have bought all three and sold them in the WTB!

I think CW owes you a lunch :D

Reactions: PPQ9Gunner

·
Registered
70 Posts
Popular culture has decided that the two are interchangeable.
Clip - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Growing up listening to various family patriarchs who served in the great war, I learned that anything that held a bullet was a clip. I have never fully recovered from that and will find myself slip here and there on occasion both at the mouth and at the keyboard.

Being an IT guy, I deal with things like "I have windows 2007" or "I have Office Vista".. I just politely grin and nod because I know what they mean.

I also grew up with a guy who ended up being an English major.. Makes sense because he used to LOVE correcting the sentences of anyone speaking around him.. It was hard sometimes to like him..

Eventually he figured out that it was doing no one any good to do that. It just resulted in hard feelings... I finally told him that he should speak any way he wanted and let others do the same. If he was really put off by improper grammar then he should just go somewhere else and find friends he could tolerate. I think he learned that English majors were rather boring because he still hangs with the same horde of southern yokels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Cheez,

Walther Guys and Gals,

I will watch for more -- I know there are a few up here.... I saw a lot of them at one time in the used sections at Cabelas -- we have 3 cabelas in my area....
Many of these are like new -- most of the ones that I see are 9 mm with 2 - 10 round mags....

Hog

1 - 20 of 24 Posts