Walther Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
They are made by Walther USA and not under license.
At this moment we probably can't describe Walther Arms as a gun manufacturer. I think that Walther USA just assembles the guns from parts made in the USA and Germany.

The fact that the slide is made by Walther Germany may even be a very elegant solution to avoid the license hint on it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It's like they WANT to do what SIG did, but don't get their butts off the ground for some reason (manpower, legalities, money, consideration of consequences).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's like they WANT to do what SIG did, but don't get their butts off the ground for some reason (manpower, legalities, money, consideration of consequences).
Walter have been smart enough NOT to get themselves into the mess that SIG Sauer have created in their own bed:

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/ruestungsexporte-sig-sauer-soll-waffen-illegal-nach-mexiko-verkauft-haben-a-2a41190b-8a71-460d-99c6-f21a70e0b71f

.....not to mention the similar mess that their competition from Oberndorf am Neckar have also made:

https://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen/industrie/waffenhersteller-heckler-und-koch-muss-3-7-millionen-euro-wegen-illegaler-waffenexporte-zahlen/24023572.html?ticket=ST-76810-cmq7V13q04j5eMLwdzXQ-ap4

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
At this moment we probably can't describe Walther Arms as a gun manufacturer. I think that Walther USA just assembles the guns from parts made in the USA and Germany.

The fact that the slide is made by Walther Germany may even be a very elegant solution to avoid the license hint on it.
Isn't that what almost all gun manufacturers do nowadays? Assemble guns from parts?

I realize there are exceptions to that but it is much more the norm than not these days.

The industrial process and cost structures associated with producing guns is what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The first update is that the Swiss importer has raised prices yesterday. Instead of CHF 975 the new MSRP is now CHF 1.099 (about $ 1.130).

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The first update is that the Swiss importer has raised prices yesterday. Instead of CHF 975 the new MSRP is now CHF 1.099 (about $ 1.130).
A very high premium price considering that many excellent condition real PPK, PP, and PPK/S are a fraction of the cost in the Swiss and German market.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Today, Walther Germany added the two stainless steel versions to the website. It's not surprising that they are listed in the wrong section too. The product photos aren't the most recent ones, of course. They are from 2016 and show the old slide legend which is a little bit disharmonious. A disregard can't be performed better.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The next update is that the Swiss importer has raised the prices once more. The new MSRP is now 1,175 Swiss Francs which is a little more than $ 1,200 (a month ago, the MSRP was 975 Swiss Francs). Consequently the new price is about the same of the last PPK and PPK/S models made by Smith & Wesson that made their way to Switzerland in 2013. Now that we all know about the price it would be nice if the guns were available at all. Until this day none of the four models showed up here.

By the way, Walther Germany has updated the website. The new models are now classified correctly as PPK models (when they first appeared on the website, they were placed in the PPQ section).

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I've just learnt from my LGS that the new Fort Smith PPK models are expected to show up in my region this summer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts