Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My grips on my Fort Smith Stainless PPK/S are cracked on one of the panels.

Does anyone know of any decent aftermarket grips for the newer PPK/S?

I emailed Walther but I don't want to get another pair of the plastic black grips.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Grips

I would contact Walther anyway to have them replace the black plastic grips. Save them, if you ever sell the weapon they are original equipment. You didn't say where the crack was. If it w a s other than over tightening the grip screw they will probably replace the for free. You could try Altamont grips, they say they fit S&W but call to see if they will fit. Much less expensive then Hogue. I'm very pleased with mine. I have had them for several years with no problems.

Duncan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
These are what I have on my S&W PPK/S.

Altamont Super Rosewood Grips with Fleur-de-Lis pattern. (Other colors/styles available.)

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/walther/ppks/

Smith & Wesson actually gets all of their wood grips from Altamont these days, and it's plain to see why.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Grips

Austin Powers

Yes those are pretty grips. I got the last of their Interarms grips before they switched over to S&W production. Mine are the fully checkered walnut ones and are very nice. I have replaced all my S&W revolver grips (older models) with their rosewood grips. In my opinion Altomont makes very good products. My Ruger Mark 2 also wears their wood.

Duncan

·
Registered
100 Posts
I posted this a while back about some grips that were probably made for the S&W guns. In my experience, I would pick up a set of nice wood grips and not worry if they were made for S&W guns or Interarms models. If they were for S&W, they will fit with a little modification.

Halfmoonclip mentioned that these custom grips sort of subdue the long tang. If I remember right, I had to do a little fitting to get these grips to fit on my 1984 Interarms PPK/S. Guess they were probably made for a S&W PPK/S. They dropped right on to this gun so the fitting for my '84 probably made that possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: After reading the replies and emailing back and forth with Walther I decided to go with a set of Altamont grips.

Got them in today and they look great! I had to sand down a little bit of the inside to get them to sit in place, but it was literally a couple minutes and they were on.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed Walther who stated Altamont makes their current wood grips

Ordered Altamont grips but they stated the S&W grips will not fit and can’t be modified to fit so I canceled the order.....

They placed me on waiting list for if they ever decide to sell grips for Fort Smith PPK/S

How hard was it to fit with some sanding ?

My plastic grips both cracked after first range trip and 150 flawlessly fed rounds

Love the gun but HATE the grips !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts