Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
That's pretty discouraging. I'm not a believer in this break in business. PPQ, P99, etc. don't need any break in. I'd have to get rid of them and if I wanted a Walther PPK or PPK/S I'd find an Ulm or Manurhin model and move on with it. They aren't exactly giving these new pistols away from what I read. 1917

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't know about new PPKs and /S pistols, but Kahr 9mm pistols recommend a 200 round break-in. They're great pistols, high grade, pricy and very accurate. I've had three, only one new and it never failed during break-in. So break-in is not of unheard of.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I shot one of those one time in 9mm and what I remember is that it was a very soft recoiling pistol. I hit what I was aiming at but the pistol belonged to a friend who has since passed. I've always kinda followed what I felt was a rule of testing a self defense pistol and ammo for 200 rounds to make sure both were happy with each other. Not so much that the pistol needed breaking in but 200 rounds to make sure everything was reliable. Which leads me to some of these pistols today that will run 20 or 50 or 100 rounds only before a stoppage. Not good enough. 1917

·
Registered
828 Posts
My observation about the stainless steel ppk/s in .380 Interarms S&W and apparently Walther Arms is that some run great some needs tweaks and with S&W some are lemmons.

The newest version Walther Arms has promise but may need some attention. Such as he extractor .

Big lesson for me was not to buff any functional surfaces on a stainless gun because of potential adverse affect of the surface hardness. Could induce galling. This applies to all manufacturers not just Walther.
As always:
Be very systematic in identifying the problem . Which should be done any way. Change or try one thing at a time.
If the problem cannot be resolved then contact customer service.

Regarding modern production merhods ( pretty much all manufacturers) it is hit or miss ( in my experience ) . May get a pistol that is in the sweet spot of tolerance stacking or maybe not .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well currently in contact with Walther. Was shooting the other day and the extractor went flying off. Still getting the issue of failure to go into battery. Not as often.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts