Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does it rattle with no mag? I can often detect some amount of rattle in my pistols, but mostly when I have a fully loaded mag inserted. It most cases, the rattle was from a loose round in the mag. Otherwise, that aren't any PPK or PPK/S pistol parts that should rattle unless your pistol has a loose slide to frame fit. That said, a fully loaded mag usually exerts enough upward pressure on the slide to prevent slide rattle. Again, in my experience, the rattle is often a round in the mag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it rattle with no mag? I can often detect some amount of rattle in my pistols, but mostly when I have a fully loaded mag inserted. It most cases, the rattle was from a loose round in the mag. Otherwise, that aren't any PPK or PPK/S pistol parts that should rattle unless your pistol has a loose slide to frame fit. That said, a fully loaded mag usually exerts enough upward pressure on the slide to prevent slide rattle. Again, in my experience, the rattle is often a round in the mag.
Still rattles without the mag I was wondering if someone owns this model and can tell me if this is normal. I think it may be normal.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a stainless PPK/S Bought it in the last year so relatively new production.

Mine pistol has a fairly tight fit. If you really try you can coax a little bit of side play but it's pretty snug.

That said... It's not atypical for modern Walthers to have a bit of play in them. In some regards it is advantageous as a looser fit is sometimes less finicky and rarely is so loose as to affect accuracy.

Might I ask... how did it shoot?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a stainless PPK/S Bought it in the last year so relatively new production.

Mine pistol has a fairly tight fit. If you really try you can coax a little bit of side play but it's pretty snug.

That said... It's not atypical for modern Walthers to have a bit of play in them. In some regards it is advantageous as a looser fit is sometimes less finicky and rarely is so loose as to affect accuracy.

Might I ask... how did it shoot?
Shot amazing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wood Finger Audio equipment Automotive exterior Bumper
This is the little piece that rattles.

when I put a round in the chamber and put the safety on.. no rattle

But if I take the safety off and then put the safety back on, it rattles.

I noticed that on a Walther ppks that when you put a round in the chamber the trigger is slightly back, even when you put the safety back on. But if you take off the safety again and put it back on the trigger moves forward.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
That interacts with the safety to decock the hammer. A little play in it hurts nothing.
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts