Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why must I login to view a posted jpeg file even though I am logged into the forum?

74D60959-AC80-49FC-B48B-7C76E87F6A15_1573406043780.jpeg

·
Administrator
272 Posts
Hello,

That is just a software feature that requires users to be logged in to view any attachments hosted through the software. Are you having particular issues accessing things?

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello,

That is just a software feature that requires users to be logged in to view any attachments hosted through the software. Are you having particular issues accessing things?

-Gerrit

Apparently you did not read my entire statement. I said.....I was ALREADY logged in when it occurs. It continues to be an issue for some links/photos. For example, I am experiencing the issue with .png photos right now but was able to open several .jpg photos.....but not all that I tested.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Why must I login to view a posted jpeg file even though I am logged into the forum?

74D60959-AC80-49FC-B48B-7C76E87F6A15_1573406043780.jpeg
This has been happening to me for quite some time.
Not a recent development, and occurs exactly as you describe.
And like you I am in fact already logged in.

·
Administrator
272 Posts
What sort of device are you using. Can you paste a screenshot here of the whole page you see here?

Kevin

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thread started on 2/06/2020
Happens when using an android based Nexus 7 tablet AND when using a MacBook Pro.
This has happened randomly for quite a while. There are also times when I can navigate a link with both devices with no difficulty. What I am saying it is NOT a 100% occurring experience but also not an infrequently occurring experience either. Hope this can help you out with the Dx.

Attachments

·
Administrator
272 Posts
Gotcha. I did a purge of the site server cache. Can you clear your own cache and see if the issue is still present?

Kevin

·
Registered
684 Posts
Gotcha. I did a purge of the site server cache. Can you clear your own cache and see if the issue is still present?

Kevin
Cleared cache and all browsing history on the Mac.
Got the same results as posted in the screen shot I posted above.
Have not tried with the Android based tablet.
This is not a big issue to me, I am just trying to give you information that will help you out.
Good luck.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Admin, LOL, don't know if this will help or complicate your efforts.
Just noticed in a new thread started in "The classics" Titled " please help me identify this pistol" by user A34
If I try to open the first image I get the same message I posted the screen shot of previously. However, I can view the remaining four images that the OP provides. This occurs with both Android and Mac.
Thinking back I remember this exact behavior happening in the past. Sorry, did not keep track of where, when and how often.
What it boils down to is four separate types of experiences seeming to randomly occur.
1) no issues encountered, one or multiple images can be opened.
2) cannot open a single image
3) cannot open any of multiple images
4) cannot open the first image but can open subsequent multiple images in the same post
Could it have anything to do with the way the OP uploads the images?
Again, not a big deal for me. However, I am suspecting that Admin. has taken on the challenge of finding the reason. I drive myself crazy at times with the same attitude toward solving small issues that may not really need my attention. I think there is a phrase or name for such behavior.

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And it continues to force a second login for me as well. Here's an example from this morning:

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0D986943-3D92-4D63-86EB-5CFF9675F146_1581037025374.jpeg (439.2 KB, 532 views)

·
Administrator
272 Posts
Alright, from what I can tell this is connected with a known attachment issue with images taken with mobile devices. One that's defied definition. I'll add on to it for now, and will split off if we can figure out some more specific details. At least we got a work around on these images

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts