Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon, I will qualify with my 2003 P99. Once the departmnet deems me suitably qualified I can carry the P99 on and off duty.

I have a Safariland duty holster and a Comp-tac holster for off duty.

What are you guys using for leather?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I live in Houston, leather is bad. WAY to humid...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Houston also.
I don't carry IWB, sometimes a nice leather holster is just a bit nicer than plastic.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Milt Sparks is what I use. I have several of their holsters, but I always seem to use the #1H the most. Don't really know why, because their other holster are great also.

If you call them, tell them Devin sent you. They are a great bunch of guys and I get to shoot with them on occasion.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have a really nice Galco F.E.D. Paddle. Very nice...

I'm a little familiar with Houston and I'm sure here in Louisville it is not much different...HHH...hazy, hot and HUMID. I like the feel of leather but quiet honestly during the dog days of summer, I like my Fobus paddle better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's not so much a comfort thing, not like kydex would breath better than leather, but the holster tends to occasionally stick to the weapon. I wouldn't want to risk my holster sticking if I actually was in a situation in which I had to draw.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Graham Custom Leather "Falcon" model which is nice, but I prefer my Blade-Tech IWB kydex holster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts