Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
now that is just cool...

Is there a page that explains how to best correct each issue? Or tips to correct if you shoot in that area.. like thumbing for example..

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Thanks for that posting, Dep. It's certainly Sticky-worthy.

This chart shows up on various gun forums from time to time, and it's often an eye-opener, if not merely a good reminder when habits get a bit sloppy or lax. I've never seen anything attached to it that provides additional explanation, however. Perhaps someone else will provide another tip or two ...

·
Registered
131 Posts
good information.

now i know why my first few times at the range my shots were low and right..squeezing whole hand with trigger pull.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks so much for posting that chart. Sure does confirm the reason for my tendancy to shoot high left, I've caught myself flinching enuf times to know that the chart is dead-on!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, I gotta ask (as a new shooter). I just got new sights installed on my P99 - do I have to zero the weapon? Also, what steps do I need to take. Again, I would rather ask now and save time on the range rather than expend all my valuable ammo with no results!

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I gotta ask (as a new shooter). I just got new sights installed on my P99 - do I have to zero the weapon? Also, what steps do I need to take. Again, I would rather ask now and save time on the range rather than expend all my valuable ammo with no results!

Thanks!
You definitely want to go to the range and see where you are hitting the target with the new sights. It's certainly possible they are dead on target. If not, you will have to adjust them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
53 Posts
You definitely want to go to the range and see where you are hitting the target with the new sights. It's certainly possible they are dead on target. If not, you will have to adjust them.
Just got back from the range and man - I can't hit crap. I consistently (I use that word loosely) shot high and to the right. I am a left-handed shooter. I shoot center mass with heavier weapons (Beretta 92F and xD .45) but my little Walther is making me miserable.

Again - always shooting high...and to the top right or simply to the right.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the range and man - I can't hit crap. I consistently (I use that word loosely) shot high and to the right. I am a left-handed shooter. I shoot center mass with heavier weapons (Beretta 92F and xD .45) but my little Walther is making me miserable.

Were you shooting without support? It's always best to shoot from a sandbag or some other support to minimize any human shooting errors or bad habits. Once you know where your bullets are hitting from support, then you can adjust your sights.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
147 Posts

I am having the same problem with my P-99 I am shooting low, its not the sights. I can't put my finger on it ( pardon the pun). when shooting my glock or sig accuracy is not the problem. I had a range officer shoot my P-99 to see if it was me or the P-99, it was me. yet with glock and sig I shoot fine. I have changed the backstraps still no change, grain of bullets no change changed stances no change, there is something about this pistol. I even took out the P-88 and the PPK/S and compared again they shot fine ( I shot fine) maybe its the ergonomic grips. I also lightened the striker spring, this did help read the sticky above. perhaps more range is needed, I am police academy trained and Mass Ayoob trained

sprat

·
Registered
53 Posts
Must be the gun!

So - after all this - my wife goes out with my gun an shoots fine. It must have been the shooter.

I'm sticking to my xD. Sorry gang....sometimes we just can't match shooter with weapon. :p

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am having the same problem with my P-99 I am shooting low, its not the sights. I can't put my finger on it ( pardon the pun). when shooting my glock or sig accuracy is not the problem. I had a range officer shoot my P-99 to see if it was me or the P-99, it was me. yet with glock and sig I shoot fine. I have changed the backstraps still no change, grain of bullets no change changed stances no change, there is something about this pistol. I even took out the P-88 and the PPK/S and compared again they shot fine ( I shot fine) maybe its the ergonomic grips. I also lightened the striker spring, this did help read the sticky above. perhaps more range is needed, I am police academy trained and Mass Ayoob trained

sprat
the Glock grip angle is greater, which when transitioning to the Walther would point the muzzle a bit lower than you intend.....but that issue wouldn't explain the SIG.....only thing I can think of....

I am NOT even close to an expert! my opinion is worth nothing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
thank you dep for this helpful tool. but i do have a question, how far do you have to shoot for this chart to be somewhat effective on telling a person, what they are doing wrong? BTW, sorry for the newbie question.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 33 Posts