Walther Forums banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
^^^absolutely. The PPX has a strong, well deserved following. Unfortunately, there are those who see it as the 'ugly step-daughter' of the Walther family; too bad for them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm hoping that the trend continues, I'm doing my part. The last time I had it at the range, I was visiting with another shooter whilst we reloaded our mags. He commented on it, I let him try it and he was appreciative. He really liked the way it felt compared to his "brand deleted". Maybe another convert, time will tell.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I still may snatch up a stainless PPX in 9mm once I finally add a PPQ M1 to the collection. I kinda miss my 9mm since it was my first gun purchase. But it's serving my brother and family well. Plus, I have this nice rarely used onyx holster and my .40 PPX just sits on the nightstand. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really enjoy my PPX. The promo with the extra magazine and holster wasn't a bad deal either. I agree with my fellow posters that it's an accurate gun. It joins my two PP 7.65s and a P1.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm making a lot of converts

I'm hoping that the trend continues, I'm doing my part. ...
I'm an FFL and at shows, I move a lot of the PPX's (last show, (5) 9mm's, (1) 9mm SD, (2) 40 S&W's) I let everyone that picks one up dry fire one (with a snap cap) and they love 'em . Little by little, getting people on board with Walther. Everyone universally agrees that for low $300 range, they leave with a gun that is fantastic quality and accurate. Believe it or not, I've even grown to like the looks of them (owning a 9MM SD and 40 S&W myself)

I encourage everyone to try my PPX when I'm at the range. They'd be doing themselves a disservice not having tried one.

Gary

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm showing my .40 PPX a little love tonight, wearing her with 180 grain HSTs loaded up and ready to go. This may not last long because my P99s have been occupying my carry and nightstand time lately. But I keep this baby on the other side of the house tucked away just in case we're in need over there. :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Funny thing about the PPX. No one realizes what it is and who makes it until they shoot it! At the range last week with a couple of friends. Brought my PPX 9 and let them at it. Needless to say they were highly impressed! They couldn't believe the accuracy and trigger. Now that it's selling for probably $75-$100 cheaper what it originally cost, who wouldn't buy one. IMO, best bang for the buck out there. And made by Walther.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the PPX is the best value for the money out there. I got mine for about $300 + transfer fee and shipping. A special promo got me a 3rd mag and mag holder with custom Walther holster through the Walther website. Unbeatable. The PPX has always functioned with any ammo through about 600 rounds so far. I also found that the big white sight dots are perfect for a paint on glow in the dark fix. Better than all my other pistols costing much more. I bought it for the house because it is so simple, anyone can use it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Specific paint brand & type? Any other helpful related tips?

I also found that the big white sight dots are perfect for a paint on glow in the dark fix.
Will you please elaborate further... Specific Brand of glow in the dark paint & any other helpful tips & tricks that others may want to emulate??? The stock sights aren't bad, but this type of modification might save me a lot of $, saving me from buying aftermarket sights.

Although if TruGlo ever makes their TFO sights for the PPX, I'll be all over that like ants on sugar. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just recently purchased a PPX as I wanted a nice, affordable 9mm semi-auto. I have been shooting .22LR rifles and pistols and wanted something that would double as a decent home defense kind of weapon. I was looking at the Diamondback DB9FS and a couple of other entry level handguns when Gallery of Guns had a sale of the PPX for $270 (actually worked out to $310 including fees and tax). So I sprung for it because based on reviews it seemed to be as good or better than the DB9FS. Well I'm glad I did get it, everything I've read about it rates it very highly as a good quality, entry-level 9mm pistol. I haven't been able to get out in the desert to shoot it yet but from all I've see here and elsewhere I can't wait to try it. And it really does feel good in the hand, very comfortable even.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glow Paint

The paint that I used is from GlowInc.com and it was pretty cheap. You have to charge them with a light source for a while to get the sights to glow. They glow as bright as tritium but after a couple of hours they aren't near as bright. The PPX sights are so big that it is easy to add multiple coats, and I can see them without glasses. All my other guns have tiny dots that gum up after more than one coat, look messy, and get knocked off easy. I will have to stick with this arrangement for now and just leave the PPX under a light in the evening.

·
Registered
204 Posts
quick question. Am really interested in grabbing one due to the great prices lately, but I was watching Hickock45's reivew of the gun and noticed that massive mag release button. I shoot left handed, so I was wondering if anyone shooting lefty noticed that they bumped the release or whether that would be a non issue

EDIT: UGGG!, I'm stupid. I just realized it's ambidex on the mag release, so I'd assume they accounted for both hands

·
Registered
42 Posts
PPX is a fantastic gun...except

It has no external safeties. The trigger is one of the best in the business ansd one you will never find on a sub $300 gun. CDNN has been selling them for under $300 like since they first came out. I've owned three myself.

I wouyld have kept one if it had a way of safety storing it without having to unchamber the +1 round. Keeping it in a holster witrh a trigger guard might be a solution

The Diamondback DB9 is a piece of crap - the exact opposite of the PPX.

The only other downside of the PPX is the one-year warranty.

But, it's got lots or room for adds-ons:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I stopped by a large gun store this morning, specifically looking to handle a P99, PPQ, and PPX. The PPX felt perfect in my hand; trigger felt just as right. If only the magazines were interchangeable with P99 and PPQ. With the caveat that I've never fired a PPX, the only downside I can think of is the magazine thing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just got mine from my FFL today. hot DAMN! This is one sexy gun. the grip feels like it's molded to my hand and that trigger is a thing for beauty. for $294.63 from CDNN shipped to my FFL (who charged me $10 for the transfer)... that is a freaking DEAL! picked up a mag at my local gun shop for a spare and am SERIOUSLY considering grabbing a second one as backup. maybe the two tone version for $299 instead of $279... just a phenominal gun. and shoots like a dream

only real thing I don't like is the plastic rod going through the slide spring. would have preferred a metal or at least polymer one.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts