Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
This is what I really need help on. I'm using ballistol. How much? I don't want my gun to run dry but I also do want to attract dirt!
I use Break Free CLP, but not a whole lot. I followed the manual and actually watched a hickok45 YouTube video on cleaning a gun. Even though it was a Glock he was cleaning the info was good. There is one guy with a PPX video as well spraying Rem Oil pretty much every where on his. Just looks like he's overdoing it to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are my gun soul mate! Ha ha

Can't tell you how many times I've watched hickok45 glean that glock! And the guy spraying rem oil is definitely high on fumes! I find ballistol to be the best although I've tried clp if only because our military guys use it. I ran my gun Walther with just a little more than Hickok uses. It performed better and didn't seem dirtier. I want that fry pan cured feeling that he talked about.

·
Registered
176 Posts
PPX ShootN

A casual magazine at 7 yards.
Some single shots, some double taps...

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks!
This is a great shooting pistol.
I feel really confident when shooting this pistol.
My other pistols I had to work to get to that point.

My wife even runs this gun like a BOSS!
She thought it was big and unwieldy, until she pulled the trigger.

I've put about 300 rounds down range.
No problems, no FTF, no FTE.

Keeping it cleaned and lubed.

I've shot Federal Hydra-shock 147 grain JHP, Aguila 124gr FMJ, HSM Double Duty (the 115 grain FMJ and JHP), and two other types of JHPs (can't remember the names - one was re-branded Black Talons).

Good times...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put another 150 rounds through the PPX today.

That would bring the total to 300.

I was trying to shoot like this guy:

Which I managed to pull off for about 5 mags, until the range master told me they had a double tap rule only.

Let me rephrase, I came close, but I don't have his speed... Yet.
But I was close enough to get in trouble...

Good times...

Reactions: muckaleewarrior71

·
Registered
140 Posts
PPX First Impressions

Let me start by saying that what I'm about to say is in no way an attempt at putting this piece down! Ok here my thoughts.
First it reminds me of the HK USP, with a better grip! Second it's trigger is so much like the LEM its not even funny.
Third...IT'S A SHOOTER! The pistol actually thinks its an Olympia! And I won't tell it different! Mind you mine was a rental, but still!
Fourth, I'm gonna buy one to take over as house gun#1 plus as a sometime carry pistol out in the yard.
And a note on carrying with a torpedo in the tube, it has a hammer, put your thumb on the hammer as you holster, if it moves back STOP and see what's in the way! And keep your finger off the trigger till ready to fire!
And lastly, this pistol reminds me so much of my often used S&W 5946 but lighter.
Nice job Walther! Dale

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took a first time buyer to our LGS last night to shop. Without any prompting from me, he tried over 10 different gun types to see how they felt in hand, trigger, sights, ease of controls, etc. The winner?
Walther PPX.
I had never held one before, thinking they were, well, ugly and not even in the same class as my P99.
As Forest Gump said, "pretty is as pretty does", and I am now very, very impressed with the PPX. The best grip outside of the P99/PPQ I've ever felt, and at a very attractive price point, too.
That grip is damn funny looking but it snuggles right into the hand and gives plenty of surface to hang on to. Trigger is right where it belongs and is oh, so sweet! Smooooooth, no take up, just a tiny hint of stack at the end and a crisp, sharp break. I'd bet the accuracy claims I'm hearing owe a lot to that trigger, especially compared to the finger workout of the Beretta/Sig and the finely tuned gate latch of the Glock.
It's about damn time somebody put a decent trigger into a lower price point pistol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
And a note on carrying with a torpedo in the tube, it has a hammer, put your thumb on the hammer as you holster, if it moves back STOP and see what's in the way!
A correction RR.

I attempted what you suggested above, not a good idea.

You can cover the hammer with your finger or whatever, the hammer will stop moving, the trigger will continue to move until the trigger breaks and the weapon will fire.

So the trigger could be moving back without any tactile sensation from the hammer, until...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Question? The PPX does it take the same Magazine as the PPQ (original or M2). I am not a Glock person (They feel funny when I shoot them), but the ability to swap magazines of same caliber are a big selling point with them. Walther seems to take a different route on this. It amazes me they would redesign the magazine on the M2 model. Just asking !

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
That's a sticking point for many would-be Walther fans, and especially among those who already own Walther pistols, by the way. The fact that the two current models of the PPQ don't have mags that interchange is particularly frustrating.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Walther markets the PPX as an entry level gun but so far it beats my PPQ as far as trigger, recoil, and shootability - for me at least. Not as compact or good looking as the PPQ, but for the price the PPX is hard to beat. That heavy, blocky slide and strange grip really work together to make it an enjoyable shooter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Walther markets the PPX as an entry level gun but so far it beats my PPQ as far as trigger, recoil, and shootability - for me at least. Not as compact or good looking as the PPQ, but for the price the PPX is hard to beat. That heavy, blocky slide and strange grip really work together to make it an enjoyable shooter.
Precisely the reason why I sold my PPQ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love everything about my PPX. I think that as far as appearance goes I think we will see more firearms resemble the PPX. Sweetest 9 I have shot overall but the trigger on the PPQ is hard to beat.;)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I believe the PPX is doing what Walther intended, give the buyer a quality firearm at a better price. The PPQ vs PPX comparison is good information but it doesn't mean a whole lot to someone like me that is satisfied with the way his PPX performs. I had never heard of either of them four months ago and have no need for a PPQ at this point. I finally saw and held a PPQ in June at a gun show and felt the ease of the trigger. But that and the slight difference in grip doesn't make it a necessity. Maybe one day I may pick one up, but it's way down the list at this point.

Happy shooting! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
A correction RR.

I attempted what you suggested above, not a good idea.

You can cover the hammer with your finger or whatever, the hammer will stop moving, the trigger will continue to move until the trigger breaks and the weapon will fire.

So the trigger could be moving back without any tactile sensation from the hammer, until...
I stand corrected. Thanks for verifying that SuperTanker. Dale

41 - 60 of 159 Posts