Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year, for various reasons, I have guns that I say "next year" to. Well, it's now next year, so here's my list for 2008. I'll be quite happy if I end up with two or three of them. Anyone else got a list?

Steyr S357A1
PPS
CZ SP01
HK P9S
S&W Model 29 S&W Classics .44 Magnum
P99 AS 1st Gen. 9mm
Sauer & Sohn 38H
Barak SP-21
FN PS90
S&W CS45 Chief?s Special (.45 ACP)
Bond Arms Texas Defender Derringer (9mm or .38 spl.)
Model 22 - S&W Classics - 4" ? Blue
Model 327 M&P R8 - 8 Shot, .357 Magnum

Q

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
On the list

HK P9s and a few more P7's
Walther P99/AS QPQ and P99/AS split trigger
Gemini Custom Ruger SP101
CZ P01 and a 75DB

and a few rifles

·
Registered
225 Posts
These are prioritized but won't necessarily be purchased in order.

Walther PPS
Marlin 1894-.357
Stoegar Coach Shotgun-12g
2 Ruger Vacqueros-.357
Walther P22 w/silencer
Smith & Wesson J Frame
Walther PPK/s
AR 15
Custom 1911-.45, I'm leaning towards the Wilson, Ed Brown, or Les Baer pistols but may settle for a Kimber. Not a high priority and may consider less expensive models

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The short list:

P99-AS/40 Gen 2
PPK/S .380
M14 or M1A
Springfield EMP
FN Browning Hi-Power
BDA380

Only about $6000 worth there.:rolleyes:
Stop torturing me.:eek:

Russell

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As a follow-up I've started out the year shaking up the collection a bit and am about to erase a gun off my wish list.

For the past year I've owned a Beretta PX4 and CX4. The PX4 is in .40, and I bought it as the .45 wasn't yet available. My CX4 is in .40, and I'm not sure whether the CX4 in general is a carbine that I want to own, and defeinitely not in .40. So, I got rid of both with the goal to possibly replace the PX4 with one in .45 and probably not replace the CX4, and if I do either in 9 or 45.

What I ended up with is an unfired Vector Arms Uzi model B carbine. It isn't on my wish list as this is one gun that I've overlooked for years. I've wanted one since I first saw one, but until recently the price was prohibitive. The Vector puts the gun down at tthe $700 range which is within reach. I bought mine previously owned but unfired which saved me around $100. I guess I looked at it in terms of whether I wanted the CX4 or the Uzi, but not both. I went with the classic.

Tomorrow (or Tuesday if a check hasn't yet cleared), if it is still there, I will be acquiring a rather pristine HK P9S for way under market value. I sold a P9S back in 1995 and regretted it deeply the second that money changed hands. Having this gun back will really make the day. They use them a lot in movies (always the bad guy) so every time I see one it ruins my evening :mad:

Also, from a trade with my Taurus Judge and some other shuffling I have added a S&W 581 double action only, a somewhat uncommon gun shown below.

Based on my wish list it isn't quite how I figured it would go, but it never is.

Thinking about that P9S it will be a fitful night of sleep!

Q

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here in Canada, alot of smg's and assault-type weapons are prohibited. Only if you owned an Uzi and a converted-to-semi-auto weapon prior to the ban, were you given the right to continue owning and purchasing more of the same. I only recently discovered that I had the right to purchase more of these types of weapons. My list for 08' is now:

1927A1 Tommy gun
Uzi
P-99 QA .40

The P-99 is a done deal, prolly receive it within 2-3 weeks. The Tommy gun and Uzi will be a bit tougher. Not many people in Canada own these weapons to begin with, and I'm not allowed to import one into the country. Guess I'll have to be patient...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think I will be adding a Steyr M-1A in .40

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I have two "wants" that are making me crazy! They are on the market and available in the "free" states!!

Black PPS 9mm

P5, Police Surplus

:mad:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will be adding a Steyr M-1A in .40
Nice call. It is by far one of my favorite guns. I was built for the .40. This year Steyr is upgrading the finish to one that is even more durable. I've also heard talk of some sight options.

Q

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd like...a px4 in .45 (or 9mm...cause it's cheap), an 16" AR, and a p99c. I also wouldn't mind an FN SCAR-H...but we have to wait until FN finally gets around to filling enough orders or whatever is holding them for us Civs to get one.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can scratch the HK P9S off my wish list. I've been watching closely for the right one for years and bought it today. Selling my first one has haunted me for a lot of years. In my opinion the P9S may be the finest gun made.

Uncut, I saw your inquiry on another forum about the barrel rifling. Don't worry, the barrel is polygonal.

I'm sure your barrel is fine.

Q

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Que...
I am aware of that.... my problem is that when I compare the barrel to my P7's or a Glock it looks like I have a smooth barrel...
oh well .. only time will tell... I spent $100 on a barrel to have it threaded... I guess I will have to wait till I get a P9s to see if it is still any good.
Thinking about it... USP9SD is on the list too.. this way I will have 3 pistols to shoot with a can down the road

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've seen quite different types of polygonal rifling even within different models of the same make gun. Some rifling is more distinct than others. Glock comes to mind as one that is more distinct. The Steyr GB looks almost smooth. I'll take a peek at my P7 and compare it to my P9S.

Q

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Uncut, you are dead on about the P9S barrel compared to a P7 barrel. I just took a good look at both. As was the case with my first P9S, the rifling looks like a smooth bore. The P7 is more like a Glock with distinct flat sections, but the P9S barrel shows no rifling at all and appears to be a smooth bore. The Steyr GB also has a P9S type rifling profile. I remember that when I had my first P9S I also had my first Steyr GB, and at the time I thought all polygonal rifling was of the smooth variety.

Based on what you have written and what I observed looking at the two barrels, you should have no concerns.

Q

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
thanks ....
I think I will have lots fo fun down the road....

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks ....
I think I will have lots fo fun down the road....
I can almost guarantee it. The P9S is one of those guns that shoot so well that you almost feel like you're cheating. They are incredibly smooth and accurate and to my eye one of the best looking guns in existence.

I don't know if you are aware of this, and I just learned about this, but there is a buffer in the P9S that should be checked and if need be replaced. Here is the simple procedure for doing that: http://homepage.mac.com/timetravelfoundation/PhotoAlbum14.html

Apparently the buffer can get hard and crack with age. I just picked up a new buffer from Numrich for around $20.

Here's a pic of my "new" P9S.

Q

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
tell me how much it set you back please.... as prices are all over... starting out with the regular P9S commercial to the police trade to the P9S target and all the sport groups

1 - 20 of 28 Posts