Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody currently sporting a Fobus roto holster? Does the draw angle that you set lock adequately? Anybody got any pics? I'm planning to get a Fobus holster for IPSC and need some input. Also, how are Fobus holsters rated in terms of scratching/altering the finish of the slide?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I have read many posts about the weakness of fobus holsters - I would not rely on one myself. Supposedly, you can rip it off the rivets very easily. I don't wanna snag something one day and have my gun fall on the ground.

The holsters are cheap, but I guess ya get what ya pay for. That being said, there are many happy fobus holsters. And, I guess for the range, it might be ok.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i bought a roto-holster for a P99 a while back and immediately returned it for a paddle holster.

the roto puts the pistol pretty far from your body and makes concealment almost impossible unless you're wearing a long coat or jacket. the regular paddle isn't much better for concealment and i rarely used it. i did use it camping a few times.

overall, you get what you pay for with fobus; their products are inexpensive and their quality reflects that.

i too have heard of the weakness of the rivets and would never openly carry in a fobus unless i was at the range. i doubt it would take much to rip a pistol out of one of those holsters from the side, snapping the rivets/plastic in the process.

if you are only using it for competition it should be ok. and they don't wear your pistol's finish any more or less than other plastic holsters. at least i didn't notice much wear in the limited time i used mine.

frye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts