Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have the regular paddle. its pretty good actually although i have noticed a tiny bit of wear on the gun.
i have heard the rotos are bulky so i stayed away from them.........

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a Fobus roto paddle holster. For CCW use, it's not very good IMO because it sits out from my body too far (due to the roto feature). As a casual/range holster, I think it's okay.

·
Registered
101 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i have noticed a tiny bit of wear on the gun.
Same here. Due to the tight fit of the holster to the gun, wear seems to be pretty high. I had it out at the range once on a particularly windy day and some sand particles ended up between the gun and holster while I was holstering and unholstering the gun quite a bit....put a bit of wear on the slide.

Also, I agree that the roto paddle holster sticks out a bit to far for anything other than range use, or if you're wearing your P99 someplace where you don't care if it is seen.

--Ben

·
Registered
24 Posts
Esquif,

I also use a fobus belt-roto holster. Great quality and it securely holds onto the P99. The most remarkable thing I love about Fobus is their lifetime warranty. One of the rivets holding the holster together broke off and tore a small part of the kydex. I contacted Fobus and they replaced the unit for me without any hassles.

The kydex holster is pretty much a one-time purchase since its tough and will never wear out

Rich

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the comments.

i am canadian so i dont have to worry about CCW issues since NOBODY can get ccw up here, not even LEO
the holster is stricly for range use. i will use it for IDPA only

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last I checked the IDPA won't allow the roto version of these holsters. Having said that, I got one before I knew. I compete at the local level and no one says a thing. Maybe if I started winning consistently....

When I go to the nat's I'll have to change. But that gives me .... oh about a thousand years to find a replacement

I like mine, if anything it's too tight.

You can loosen one up with heat, but ummmm, if you do it intentionally you'll get in trouble with the IDPA. If you accidently leave it in your car on a hot summer day (and whos to say if it was a car or a hair drier) it'd be ok. The heat relaxes the Kydex, so go slow, errr I mean don't leave it in the car ALL day:;):

I've also heard of people coating them to make them slicker/faster. Might help with the wear on the pistol? I don't know what they use, might have been a teflon based spray.

HTH

·
Registered
187 Posts
Trying to decide on the belt model or non-Roto paddle.
Want it for an inexpensive open top starter holster for USPSA.
Also, any belt recommendations (probably 1 1/2"-1 3/4", because I would use the belt for the Kydex I use with my BHP)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use my fobous for comps and it pulled hard at first but i started stretching it by pulling on it a bit and now it draws perfect. buy one

Support our men and woman in Iraq!!!

THE SURFMASTER

·
Registered
187 Posts
HI SURFMASTER,
Which version of the Fobus worked for you?
Roto?
Non_Roto?
Paddle?
Belt ver.?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have both.

For USPSA, I use the Roto. I have the barrel forward and the butt to the rear. I do not fully seat the pistol in the starting box. Whether hands are high or low, pistol comes out fast.

For CCW, I use the paddle.

I have a lot of wear on the pistol from these holsters because the gun is used so much. It might get hard chromed some day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts