Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know if the Fobus Evolution VPQRP will fit a PPQ Q5 Match pistol (standard, not steel frame)?? I just picked this pistol up and I want to get a paddle holster for carry use.

Fobus 'can neither confirm nor deny' that it will work. One of my local gun shops says that the Q5 match is thicker than the PPQ M2 (which the Fobus holster will fit).

If anyone knows the answer, your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://fobusholster.com/welcome/Evolution/?&_manufactured=Walther&_modelCompare=Walther%20PPQ%20M2%209mm%20&%20.40&_handCompare=Right&_attchment=Paddle&_img=/core/media/media.nl%3Fid%3D415773%26c%3D690969%26h%3D21e138cb3a310b714a59

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy a Fobus.

Seriously there are so many good holsters out there that Fobus will just end up gathering dust in the closet.

If you want a good kydex holster look at Safariland:
https://www.safariland.com/holster-finder

You'll find one to suit your needs.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I do not know the answer to your specific question. However, any given Fobus holster is designed to fit a number of guns. That means it is not molded to the specific gun form so it might fit, but consider that since the holster is a catch all design it is quite possibly going to put wear on parts of the gun.

The Fobus for the PPS M2 is described as: Fobus SWS Evolution Holster for S&W M&P and M&P M2.0 Shield 9mm, .40, .45, Taurus Slim 708 & 709, Walther PPS 9mm & .40, CZ97 So there has to be a lot of wiggle room. Tat means the holster never fits any gun just right.

At the cost of your Walther you might want to consider that you can get a holster molded for the gun at a slightly higher price. Bravo Concealment has a sale on for August. 10% off and a free mag holder for some holsters. For the PPS M2 I can get both OWB for $40.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friends don't let friends buy a Fobus.

Seriously there are so many good holsters out there that Fobus will just end up gathering dust in the closet.

If you want a good kydex holster look at Safariland:
https://www.safariland.com/holster-finder

You'll find one to suit your needs.

I happen to like the Fobus holsters - they have served me quite well over the years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know the answer to your specific question. However, any given Fobus holster is designed to fit a number of guns. That means it is not molded to the specific gun form so it might fit, but consider that since the holster is a catch all design it is quite possibly going to put wear on parts of the gun.

The Fobus for the PPS M2 is described as: Fobus SWS Evolution Holster for S&W M&P and M&P M2.0 Shield 9mm, .40, .45, Taurus Slim 708 & 709, Walther PPS 9mm & .40, CZ97 So there has to be a lot of wiggle room. Tat means the holster never fits any gun just right.

At the cost of your Walther you might want to consider that you can get a holster molded for the gun at a slightly higher price. Bravo Concealment has a sale on for August. 10% off and a free mag holder for some holsters. For the PPS M2 I can get both OWB for $40.

They do not appear to make paddle holsters, which is what I want. I will keep looking or hope that someone has been able to test fit one into the Fobus Evolution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts