Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I hope the fobus works for you.

Coming from the soggy mid-west I can see how leather would not be your first choice. I have some reservations about the plastic holsters because I think they are more abrasive to the finish of a firearm than leather.

My new to me P99 has some thin spots on the slide finish that look to me to be from a close fitting fobus holster. It is no big deal, but I think I will avoid plastic for the present.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got nervous after finding out that Walther is backordered on their Fobus P99 holster so I e-mailed Fobus today to find out if the PPK holster I ordered from them shipped. It did!!! :D Went out today via first class mail. So I might get it before the end of the year. LOL...mail delivery here is a bit of a joke. :rolleyes:

I think I may have solved my concealment problem entirely. Instead of only wearing a t-shirt, I thought about wearing a vest like those fishing guys wear OVER the t-shirt. But that didn't work at all. The ones at Wallyworld were all too short. So I started thinking...and remembered the fatigue shirts I wore in Nam. They came down to crotch level and were light and comfortable even in that swamp country. They were 100% ripstop cotton poplin. If they got wet they dried out real quick. So if I bought a few of those and had the sleeves cut off and made into short sleeved BDU shirts, they should work great. Even with a Fobus and a 1911A1 it would be hidden. They come in all colors, and tan for this area would be perfect. The goofy old retired hippies in this area all love to wear military clothes for some reason (heh---they didn't get them SERVING in the military!) so I should fit in just fine. Plus ranchers wear this type of shirt too. I could probably buy some Tony Soprano **** t-shirts and still be cool and comfortable :D

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Dep: Be careful. The problem with wearing camo is that people keep bumping into you. :D

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Actually, I plan on getting solid tan and green. The cammo stuff is what the hippies wear. :D
Good. God forbid that at this late stage we be confused for (of all things) a hippie. :rolleyes:

Be sure to post a pix when you get the holster so that we can take a look at both the kit and the kaboodle. I'm anxious to see how the rig fits the gun and the gun fits the rig. Salute.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
Dep, did you order a Fobus outside the waistband belt or paddle holster?

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't know if you saw the picture I had of my Fobus paddle holster awhile ago? I'm guessing the body of yours will be the same as with the paddle version. I found the holster would also fit a PP with the longer slide. I then found that the little bit longer plastic stuck out from a lot of the shirts I used to cover it. So I got out the dremel and whittled the muzzle area down to where it just covered the muzzle of a PPK. Took about 3/8" off. Now it's alot more concealable. Then I had to drill two holes and used little bolts/nuts to secure the bottom of the holster. The rivets Fobus used were below the area I cut off. Good luck, maybe it will work for you just the way it is!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dep,

Your luck must have returned!!!

Get out the camera, keep the Dermel locked up! ;)

Don't want to get Murphy involved!!!

Thanks for the BDU link!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts