Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Just got back from the range with a new FN 509. It’s a nice firearm. Pretty much the same size as my 4” PPQ m2. It’s a little heavier and solid. Almost makes the PPQ feel toy like. The grip feels fatter in my hands, but no where near a Baretta fat. It’s comfortable with aggressive pattern. Build quality is equal to my 3 Walthers.

Recoil is not an issue, same or maybe slightly less then the PPQ. Has glow in the dark sights, but not night sights. The front sight is relatively narrow, leaving more air on the sides then I care for. This caused me to hit left and right of the target, but right on horizontal. I’ll need more trigger time before I’m completely happy. But so far so good. Put 200 rounds with no issues. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Registered
122 Posts
I recently bought an FNS-9c because I couldn't find an affordable P99c (although one became available within a week or so of my purchase - that was annoying). FNS is similar to the 509 - a slightly older design. Finally got a chance Wednesday afternoon to take it to the range - 200 rounds of cheap practice ammo with no failures of any kind. I don't shoot it as well as my full-size P99, but I did okay. I agree that build quality is as good as Walther, but overall design - internals, take-down, trigger, thoughtful ergonomics, and aesthetics are lacking in comparison to at least the P99.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.