Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the new Wather P99 about 4 months ago and love it. I have fired three other 40 S&W models and I liked this one the best.

However, I am interested in purchasing a flashlight for the rail located on the bottom of the pistol. Here in lays my problem. I have found out that not every flashlight will fit on the Walther P99. The flashlight model that I have found that will fit is not appealing to me in the least. I want variety.

A gun smith that looked at it said one reason is the Walther does not have the universal railing system that you would find on the Glock or Sig. This makes sense because some "Surefire" brands that I have liked will fit on these two pistol brands.

I was confronted with the option of haveing a gunsmith alter the railing system so that it would accomidate any universal flashlight that I might want to mount.

What is your opinion? How can you help me out?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This topic has been addressed here several times. Search the forum for "tactical light" and see the options. Also, see the P99FAQ as this also addresses the "tactical light" options for the P99.

James

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for the info.

Sounds like this is a regular complaint about the Walther P99. I of course love my P99, but this is going a little out of my way to get what I want out of a pistol I paid alot of money for. Not exactly convinient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts