Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flash Cash………………….can save your life !

Scenario : You are out shopping and upon stepping out of your vehicle, a subject approaches from a blind side and points a gun at you demanding your money and the keys to your car.

You are CCW a small weapon inside your waistband , but this subject has the drop on you. If you follow directions and he goes to search you and even sees the gun, you are most likely going to be shot! So when and how do you make a move? Do you hope that the attacker will not see or discover your weapon ??

Answer: FLASH CASH

I always carry it…….and you should too. Just 10 one dollar bills that you fold and carry in your pocket or wallet. Used to drop on the ground to cause a diversion and take the attackers eyes off you for just a few seconds. You tell your attacker, you only have a few hundred dollars as you ACCIDENTALLY drop the money to the ground…….and that is what the attacker will see “hundred dollar bills falling to the ground. Not wanting to loose any of his prize his eyes will fixate on the money for a couple of seconds……..just long enough for you to “make your move” whatever that might be.

How do I know: My friend was good enough to pass this method off to me. One night he was attending a ball game in town and upon exiting his car the above scenario played out.
He told the attacker he would leave the keys in the ignition and as he bent inside the car to put the keys in the ignition, he pulled his CCW weapon and let it rest along side his leg. He then pulled out the FLASH CASH and dropped it to the ground….saying” sorry, I only have a few hundred dollars”. When his attacker looked to the ground to follow the money………my friend raised his gun and fire five times. The attacker was killed instantly. The money gave my friend just the right diversion to take the action that he decided he had to take.

Offensive Action: Is something each person must decide for himself or herself. If you feel that “going along” is the better course of action……..then that is the right thing to do! BUT never ever agree to drive or leave the area with an attacker……just my opinion based on many reported incidents….you will likely wind up being hurt or worse.

JF

·
Registered
197 Posts
That is a VERY good idea. Thank you so much for posting that, it could save a life. And to me even if you don't have a gun you can drop cash and pick up anything in site and wack the guy.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Very Sound advice, I came across this in a book named "Tough Target" written by a 23 yr. veteran of the Chicago police department, J.J. Bittenbinder. It is a good read and I recommend it highly. Thanks Sniper for you insightful comments. You really add substance to this board.
JKSTRR

·
Registered
525 Posts
As an alternative couldn't you just drop/fumble/throw/toss your keys/wallet and draw? I'm going to loose money crammed in my pockets, and I doubt a mugger will want me removing anything from my wallet.

Enough mugging for me tonight though...I need a baked potato.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Starting a fight without the skills to finish it is extremely dangerous.

I suppose it could happen but in 15+ years in law enforcement, I have NEVER heard of a lone robber taking the risks associated with a physical search of a victim.

Armed offenders want to keep distance between themselves and their victims for obvious reasons.

In my opinion, it is almost NEVER a good idea to orchestrate a situtation (such as the one described here) in order to create an opportunity to physically disarm an armed offender - unless you really know what the hell you are doing.

Of course, if it's obvious you are in one of those extremely rare situations where a pat down is imminent and you are carrying a gun, a badge or both - you should be ready to fight.  BUT before you do - make sure you have at least a rudimentary understanding of (1) HOW to disarm someone, (2) how to retain your own firearm and (3) how to retain the firearm you just took from the offender.

One other thing to keep in mind - this stressful situation is going to create intense focus and tunnel vision.  (Ask anybody whose been in a gunfight about tunnel vision).  This condition may lead you to THINK there is only one assailant.
In fact, you will have a huge blind spot leading to the very real possibility that a second assailant is lurking outside of your vision just waiting for you to get stupid with his partner.  

In fact, if the primary assailant is bold enough to put his hands on you, it's probably because he has backup.

More people are hurt and killed by offering resistance to armed attacks than were ever saved by successfully repelling the attack.  The odds are not in your favor when you resist - esp. if someone has already drawn down on you.

I'm not suggesting you lay down and let it happen - I only suggest that you think and plan ahead before you intentionally create a situation you are likely ill prepared to handle.  Your family will be very grateful you did.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes, this should be on another forum, however I can not move it yet due to some problems that our admin needs to work out.

As far as letting an attacker do what ever they want and not fight back, I'd really like to see the statistics that show you're better off not fighting. Does this reasoning come from Handgun Control Inc?
That's what they tell you to do.

I'd much rather take a chance at getting shot or stabbed, then let some venomous creaton take me to some back woods location, cut me up into little pieces and have some hunter find me 3 months later. 99% of the time these vermon who prey on innocent people are so cowardly that if you even start to fight back or heaven help show that you are armed, their going to soil there pants and run like the cowards that they are.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well at the risk of submitting another post that seems to be in the wrong place, I would like to make a final comment on my post.

If everyone read my post carefully……..it does not “advocate” taking offensive action, only the use of a simple and effective diversion if offensive action is decided upon. Only the individual being attacked can decide what the “appropriate action” is at a given moment……… not me or anyone else telling you to “go along” or do nothing…….can decide that for you.

I would hope anyone carrying a gun would be properly trained to use it………..or else leave it home locked in a safe place.

“Of course, if it's obvious you are in one of those extremely rare situations where a pat down is imminent and you are carrying a gun, a badge or both - you should be ready to fight. BUT before you do - make sure you have…………”

And if you don’t have……….. is that a suggestion to lay down and die. I don’t care how unprepared I am for the situation, I am not just going to cross my fingers and “hope” I don’t get killed.

“I suppose it could happen but in 15+ years in law enforcement, I have NEVER heard of a lone robber taking the risks associated with a physical search of a victim.”

I suppose you have never taken any Rape reports……….. I have…….to many……..and all required the lone robber to come into PHYSICAL contact and search of the victim and most rape victims are robbed. Yah, I know only men are suppose to be reading this forum and carrying guns for protection. I can’t tell you how many street robbery reports I have taken where the victim was beaten or struck after the robbery and before the robber leaves the scene. I guess we live in different worlds…………

“More people are hurt and killed by offering resistance to armed attacks than were ever saved by successfully repelling the attack”

I would love to see your Data that proves that claim…….. !

“I'm not suggesting you lay down and let it happen - I only suggest that you think and plan ahead…………”

Well we agree on that point and I thought that is what discussions like this are suppose to do. It appears that one train of thought is let the “Police protect you” do nothing for yourself……..and I am here to tell you that they can not. They don’t have the manpower and most calls of violence finds the police officer getting to the scene only in time to pick up the pieces. This is a sad fact , but true. I learned this from working over 9 years in a purely dedicated tactical & SWAT team that trained hard two weeks out of every month— month after month and year after year………and still many times only arriving on scene to pick up the pieces of shattered lives.

I will refrain from further postings of this nature.
JF

·
Registered
232 Posts
Personally I don't care if sniper350's posts are in the wrong place. I read every one of them, and feel more informed every time. The one about point shooting alone made a huge difference in my shooting style and accuracy with a handgun. You never know, some of this information could save your life.

I went back to school this semester and since university campuses are one of the "no gun zones" I started carying a knife. And since reading this post I've traded my Gerber folding knife to a rigid bladed Winchester tanto. I carry with the kydex holster tucked into my pocket so that if I "accidently" drop my keys it's within easy reach. Hope to never use it but it dosen't mean I shouldn't have it... especially since the university of houston's in a rough neighborhood and I go to class till 9pm on mondays.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (toeball @ Aug. 30 2005,01:07)]and since university campuses are one of the "no gun zones" I started carying a knife.
You should make sure they don't have a no weapons ban and consider the knife a weapon.

Anyway, I have heard of the flash cash trick. The version I heard advised you to carry the flash in a cheap gaudy money clip and assumed you were unarmed. You throw it one way and head the other. When they think they are getting what they want they no longer are interested in you.
There is a lot to consider in these scenarios. Location, proximity, others with you, attitude of attacker, number of attackers and so on. Think about what you should do in each situation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did check regs, 5.25" tanto blade is ok, I'd personally prefer a Ka-Bar but bowie blades are considered weapons instead of utility knives cause they're double edged. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (toeball @ Aug. 30 2005,08:37)]I did check regs, 5.25" tanto blade is ok, I'd personally prefer a Ka-Bar but bowie blades are considered weapons instead of utility knives cause they're double edged. Thanks for the advice though.
Just wanted to make sure you had thought of everything.
I think most states would consider it a deadly weapon based on length. I assume you have a cc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts