Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought some of you might be interested in seeing pictures of the IWB FIST kydex holster I bought. I think it was $34.95+shipping.

I was looking primarily for the slimmest iwb I could find, and it seems with the FIST kydex I have found it. The holster is not the prettiest holster I've ever owned, but it certainly is the best performing holster I've ever owned..

When I emailed FIST about the holster I told them I had a P99c and was purchasing a holster for that model. I mentioned that I also had a full size P99 and did they think one holster would fit both pistols.

I was told that was no problem in that they would be happy to "cut" for the P99c, and "mold" for the full sized, no extra charge.. Production and shipping time would be approximately two-three weeks.

When the holster arrived (approx 2 wks) I found both the P99c and the full sized P99 both fit just fine. You can hold the holster upside down with the pistol in it and the pistol will not fall out. When you put the pistol into the holster it actually "clicks", or locks in. The retaining clip is well made, and the bottom of the clip is designed to actually fit under the bottom of the belt, so when you withdraw the pistol the holster stays at home. It's very secure and stable, and so slim you hardly know there is a holster there when you are wearing it.

I would recommend the FIST kydex to anyone looking for a very slim iwb holster.. If you want to spend more money they have the same holster in leather, and it's very nice looking..

While I've only had minimum contact with the folks at FIST I am well pleased with the response I've gotten from them. They answered both of my emails promptly and courteously. I hope to buy more FIST kydex holsters in the future. Nice folks!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice! I like that IWB design. I received mine a few weeks ago, and I do like it. I have a full size P99; and carry it daily. While it is large; I love it.

I have the FIST #8 IWB Cantable & Tuckable, wrapped in Black Seude, and custom fit for my P99 and BA-5 Laser Devices unit. I also have two belt clips, a snap over belt loop, and a regular belt hook in.

Working with FIST went was ok, considering the issues we had getting this product out the door to me. It was originally ordered at the very end of November; with the shipping and manufacturing time to be completed before Christmas of 2006.

It did not make it ontime, but rather 3 days after Christmas. While this was disappointing, I still received it near the original time agreed upon.

Yet, thats when problem #2 occured. When I ordered the unit, it was to be custom made for the BA-5 laser. The order was correctly received from Janet (nice gal who answers the phone); and was priced / noted accordingly. Yet, whomever actually made the unit didn't read that "part" - and thus the holster was made for a regular P99 without a laser. I mailed it back 2 day air, and again had to wait for the process to go again. They assured me that it would be expidited; but it still took two more weeks for everything to get done.

When I received the holster the 2nd time, it was actually correct - mostly. When I originally placed the order, I had ordered additional belt clips - and there wasn't any in the box. When I called the next day, Janet already knew about this mistake and was going to send out the additional unit.

In the end, I have everything I ordered; with additional pricing of me having to send it all back and the overall additional time.

I am happy with the product, I just wish the ordering process would have gone better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts