Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Fist today and they said they could make any of there holsters for the p99c. I was wondering if anyone had a fist holster for there P99c and if they like it. Also which one did you get? I want a IWB, but they have a few and i was wondering which one was best.
one more thing i was wondering what do you like better leather or kydex
thanks for the help
mbf

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like kydex for the durability and thinness vs. leather.

Overall... IWB wins the concealability contest.

OWB is more comfortable than IWB.

Leather is more comfortable than kydex.

Kydex IWB will rub you raw during a long day. I generally only carry for shorter periods of time so it doesn't bother me that much.

Regardless of the above, you have to find that right spot on your body and holster to match.

I have both IWB kydex and OWB leather holsters. I like them both. I need to make sure my shirt doesn't ride up and reveal the OWB from under my untucked shirt. By the end of a long day the IWB Kydex generally leaves a painful red slash where the edge of the holster slide extension hits my waist.

The particular holsters I have 1) IWB the slide to my body and 2) the OWB tends to hug the grip to my body. This will effect how you draw.

Finding the right holster can be more stressful than finding the right gun.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
There used to be a guy if not two on this Forum that had Fist holsters for the P99...... both liked them... from what I have heard they have good products.......and they ship fast too

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also own two FIST holsters for my 99s-
A Leather IWB (#1A) for my full-size
An 'Ultra-Thin Kydex' (#1AK) for my compact

They are both excellent holsters. I would particularly recommend the Kydex version- its unbelievably thin- it vanishes even under a t-shirt- but feels quite sturdy and has held up perfectly to almost a year of regular use.

They may not be quite as polished as the rigs from some of the more expensive outfitters but the build quality is excellent and the service was fast for a custom made holster. Overall, I'm not aware of a better bang-for- your-buck source for custom leather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you were to only have one which woud you want the Kydex or the leather?

The #1A is the one i am thinking of getting

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Kydex- the #1AK.
I find that I use this one far more than the leather because it really is considerably thinner, more comfortable, and doesn't drag on the slide as much as the leather does.
I don't think you would be disappointed...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have herd the kydex can dig into your sied and it hurts after a while. Is this true? Does it happen with the #1AK

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the body protector option on my kydex so it extends above my waist, and I haven't noticed that problem at all, and I wear it for 8+ hours a day most of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts