Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow shooters!

Just bought my first Walther pistol.P99 in 9x19mm(classic model with propietary rails).Just ordered a pair of 15 round mags from CDNN.Can't wait to give it a good initial cleaning, lube job, and load up for it's first range trip!:D :cool:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Congrats! You're gonna love it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
enjoy your stay... and let us know how she shoots for you

·
Registered
25 Posts
First gun, went with Walther

After my first trip to the range prompted by a friend who wanted a gun for self defense I have to say I got hooked... took my family, which is gun-wary, and the next week purchased my p99 qa.

Before the purchased I trolled this site and read all the negative comments on the qa's trigger but for a first time gun owner (novice) I have no problems with the pull and have not had any problems with over 200 rounds through it.

Safety first

C_R

·
Registered
25 Posts
My step dad has long guns and used to hunt but in the 12 years Ive known him they've always been locked up offsite in storage.

They had an awesome time, even my mom got into the fun with a 9mm glock range gun but had an even better time when the range owner gave her a walther p22 to shred paper with - light with a good pop to the recoil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello again, fellow shooters!

Just brought home my P99 today.Here's a few observations.

Mine's an early model with "Interarms Alexandria/VA" on the right side of the slide.Four digit serial # in the 2000's.

I used to own a S&W M&P Compact 9x19mm.I can see the similiarities between these two pistols.If "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" then the M&P series pistols are surely flattering the P99.

Mine came with 2 ten rounders.I purchased a pair of 15 rounders that doesn't fit flush when inserted.No problem really as I suspect the pistol will shoot excellent.

My P99 doesn't look like its been shot much if at all.Looking forward to shooting it at the range next weekend.

Looks like I'm in the market for more Walthers.Maybe a P22 next.:D

·
Patron
212 Posts
And where's then pics?? You should know we all need more pics..........congrats on your new Walther.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts