Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Russel

very nice... I have a 1966 P38 and they are just great shooters....
be aware as a P5 might follow you soon....and then the P99....
congrats on one great buy....

Oliver

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice gun!!
Mine's from 9/80.
Now you have to go out and snag one of those P5s Southern Ohio Gun has before they all dissappear!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys might be right. The P5 sure looks tempting. I expect that one will cross my path soon enough and I will be faced with the decision.
Tell me, please. To what extent is the P5 a continuation of the P1-to-P4 lineage? Is it simply a better more modern P38?

Thanks for the responses,

Russell

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our First Walther too....

We just picked up a P1 at the gun show here. Still wrapped, only test fired from what I can tell. What a fantastic pistol. It's my son's new favorite. We've bought and sold several trying to get/keep ones that we really like. And the P1 is a keeper. Only problem we've had with it is the ammo kind of 'drags' in the magazine and it doesn't always feed up correctly. It may get better with use. We've only put about 300 rounds through it so far and 2 of the 3 clips have gotten better.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
MAFDaddy...
try different ammo which might solve your problem

Parabellus...
yes the P5 is like a modernd P38.... only that the barrel is shorter and there is one "lever" for the slide release and decocker... it does not have a external safty like the P38
Also the grips and mags are slightly different....it is still DA/SA and has one of the smoothest DA triggers on a service gun I have ever shot.. it's not that light .. but it is soooo smooth.
if you don't like the Euro mag release you have to get a P5c which has the pushbutton release like on the PP series of pistols....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks UNCUT

I'll see what ammo choices I have at the range. I usually just take whatever they're selling that day. Regardless of our problems with the magazines, the gun itself was flawless. My son likes it better than the Taurus PT92 he had before.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the clarification UnCut,

I can't believe how many walthers I want now.:eek: I really like the P88 but will probably get a P99 AS first. I should really have a WWII AC marked P38 and the P5 is a real temptaion if one crosses my path. My wife wants a P22 Target model and a PPK/S (I prefer a PP).:eek: That's seven more Walthers!:confused: Funny thing is I started out wanting nothing but Lugers and a Broomhandle.:p

Russell

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I must say....
I know where you come from
for me it started with a P99 and it has not stoped yet..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts