Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just got my first Walther a few weeks back, a P99C. So far, I love it and am setting up to make it my EDC.

I live in Gainesville, FL and am a member at the Gainesville Target Range, and recommend it to anyone in the area. Multiple outdoor ranges, from 50-200 yards, and even ranges that allow move-and-shoot, holster work and steel targets. Those do require a membership, but heck, if you go more than once a month, it's worth it.

The Walther is only my second pistol, my other being a VP9. I'm hoping to learn more about, well, everything related to firearms!

Thanks,

Jason

·
Premium Member
13,799 Posts
Welcome Jay. You've got a couple of fine pistols. All you need to do with that P99C is lube it and use a good/firm grip (tight wrist) when shooting.

As for lubing, follow the instructions in the owners manual. Here's an area they mention that frequently gets overlooked and if dry, WILL make the trigger pull feel...well...less than smooth.

The red arrow points to the trigger bar guide. The guide rubs on the trigger bar on the area within the blue oval. Just need a tiny bit of lube on that area.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome from coastal North Carolina. You are so lucky! A P99c and you'll have to get some new accessories so you can add it to our EDC rotation. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have great taste as the P99C and VP9 are fantastic pistols. Federal Syntech ammunition lines are perfect for indoor or outdoor ranges, especially steel targets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts