Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading positive reviews, I started to look into this pistol and only saw more positive reviews. And then I saw the $299 price at GB and became very interested. So, I rented a PPS M2 at my local range and really liked the trigger and feel of the gun. My son, who was shooting with me, really liked the pistol even more than I did.

A week later, I sold a pistol that I rarely shoot and purchased the Walther online. It is due to arrive at my FFL tomorrow and hopefully I'll have it out at the range this weekend.:)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The PPS M1 and M2 are great guns! Enjoy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations. Good price on a good pistol. I'm not big into mods, but I found grip surfaces too slippery and added Tractiongrips. Makes a big difference to me.
No function issues and comfortable enough with it to carry regularly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You did good! PPS M1 or M2 are great guns. Surprising how inexpensive they have become in the past couple years, think I paid $525 for mine several years ago. They are a quality firearm at a bargain price now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked got mine from Brownells online for $319, no tax and no shipping! Love the feel in my hand and shoots very well. Sooo much lighter than my Springfield XDM so this will be my EDC. Just have to find the right holster...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love this gun more than I care to say as far as shooting, but please notice if the mag drops when holstering or while shooting. My button extends beyond the grip, and I drop mags putting it into my soft holster in the appendix carry position, either when putting the gun on my body with it already in the holster, or putting the gun back in the holster when it's already on my belt. Never had it drop shooting, but please try to get a good feel of holstering and carrying it to make sure you don't have this issue.

I LOVE the gun, it is still my carry to protect my fiancé should someone decide they want to be brave, but this is the only issue I've seen with the gun. A fix would be easy I believe by a gun shop. Stronger spring or filing down the button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Haven't had the mag drop problem. I've had the opposite. Unless I re-position my hand, the bottom of my palm touches the bottom of the mag and doesn't allow it to drop freely.

I now have an iwb holster but the PPS M2 has not replaced my Glock 43 as my edc. The G43 is just smaller and easier to carry. So, the PPS M2 is a bag gun that I carry around when I can't conceal on my body. The PPS is a very good range gun so far, even though it's a small pistol. It has replaced my Glock 27 as the carry bag gun and is a cheaper option to shoot at the range.

The one thing I like about it over the G43 is the extended grip 7 round mag. Yeah, it provides one more round, but it gives an additional area to grab on a quick draw scenario. When practicing quick one hand draw and fire, the 7 round mag is easier to find, hold on to and fire, even if you don't have a perfect handle on the gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked got mine from Brownells online for $319, no tax and no shipping! Love the feel in my hand and shoots very well. Sooo much lighter than my Springfield XDM so this will be my EDC. Just have to find the right holster...
Thank you for that heads up on the sale at Brownells. I just ordered mine, got an extra 20% off from a discount code that I found online, and one of their preferred dealers is just a few blocks away from me so there was only a $10 FFL fee. This will be my second Walther as I also have a PPQ M2. Very excited to get this as I didn't care for the Sig P365 and Glock 43 that I shot this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the sale at Brownells. I shot a Sig P365 and Block 43 this weekend, my first time shooting this size, and it was definitely different. I shot just fine up to 15 yards with the Sig but starting going a little high and to the left with the Glock. I liked the Sig better than the Glock but didn't feel that I would want either as an EDC.

The next day I stopped by a local gun store and got to check out the PPQ SC and PPS M2 and liked the feel and trigger off the PPS a little better as well as the M&P Shield 2.0 that I also played around with, so I was planning on finding a range or someone I know who has these so I could shoot them as well, but after seeing the deal from Brownells, I went ahead and ordered it and it should arrive at Monday my FFL, which also happened to be a preferred Brownell dealer.

I'm really looking forward to shooting it and it should be a nice addition since I shoot my PPQ a few times a month and love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on that sale, as I ordered it and was able to use another $20 off code that made it just too good to pass up. I should be picking it up tomorrow and hopefully taking it to the range for its first shoot and some comparisons with my PPQ M2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts