Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new Creed to the range today for the first time. I really liked how the gun shot. The recoil was soft and it was easy to hit targets, even at longer distance. I put a bunch of different kinds of ammo through it and it didn't fail once with 200 rounds.

I thought my eyes were failing me about half way through the session. I took a look at the gun and noticed the front white dot was missing.

Have others that own this gun had this happen? Just curious.

I saw a Youtube video where a guy lost one of the rear white dots the first time to the range. It looks to me that there are small plastic inserts that attach to the metal sites. It's like they don't have enough adhesive to hold on during recoils.

The good news is I called Walther when I got back home and was able to get someone on the phone right away. He told me he would send me out a new front site right away. I thought their customer service was excellent. The entire call lasted less than 5 minutes.

I asked him if this was a common problem with the creed and he said that there have been a small percentage of Creeds having this problem.

Hopefully, the rear sites don't do the same thing as replacing those would not be as easy. I think I would send the gun back to Walther for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have seen reports of both the front and rear sights losing the white insert(s). Just one of those things that can happen with mass produced products. The key is to appreciate the good customer service from Walther. That is almost unheard of nowadays.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It's great that Walther's service is so good.

I was just surprised to see the white dot missing from the front site. Other than that, the gun worked flawlessly.

I'm glad it was the front site so I could easily replace it without having to send the gun in.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just took my new Creed to the indoor range for the first time today.

After just 3 mags (<48 rds), I noticed the white dot was missing from the right rear sight post. It was there before I started.

Fortunately, I found it on the mat below the firing rail ...

Disappointing, but hey, for the price of it what the heck!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have owned other brands of guns where this has happened. Usually, I just get a needle and some white paint - drip 1 dot from the needle onto the depression in the sight.

Practice a few times before you do it on the actual gun. Easy to do. Let the gun sit pointed down for a couple of hours, and you are done.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like the easy thing to do, but I doubt having one of the dots having white paint and the other having the stock white dot, would look consistent. If you painted all three, then it would probably be fine.

To me it's disappointing that these white dots are falling off. It's a minor thing, but being a first time Walther owner, doesn't make me feel all that great about their QC.

Just saying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty sure they are some kind of plastic insert as when mine fell out, the metal was totally bare. I never found the insert so I can't say for sure what kind of material it is. It seems they weren't pressed properly to the metal from their supplier. It didn't appear that there was any kind of adhesive when it fell out as the bare metal was totally clean.

I'm hoping I won't have any trouble with the other dots on the sites. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
That sounds like the easy thing to do, but I doubt having one of the dots having white paint and the other having the stock white dot, would look consistent. If you painted all three, then it would probably be fine.

To me it's disappointing that these white dots are falling off. It's a minor thing, but being a first time Walther owner, doesn't make me feel all that great about their QC.

Just saying.
True. But when actually USING the sights - and shooting - you do not notice it. You only notice it when looking at the gun to observe just the gun. Anyway, I did it and I was satisfied.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point and I'm sure you are right. Makes me wonder why Walther didn't paint the metal sites in the first place. If they painted them and put a clear coat finish over them, they would not have this problem going on. I'm sure it all comes down to saving a few pennies here and there. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are some kind of plastic insert as when mine fell out, the metal was totally bare. I never found the insert so I can't say for sure what kind of material it is. It seems they weren't pressed properly to the metal from their supplier. It didn't appear that there was any kind of adhesive when it fell out as the bare metal was totally clean.

Same thing happened to me except I lost both rear sights. I’m glad they have great customer service but on their end it’s a loose-loose situation.

The sights are failing causing free parts to leave with zero profit added to the bottom line but worse yet is word of mouth saying Walther pistol sights suck.

Just saying

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My PPS M2 LE Phosphor Dots fell out at the range. I replaced them with Trijicon Orange HD 's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lost 1 of the rear dots within 150rds throuh my Creed when I got it. I just removed the other 2 with the tip of an exacto knife and filled in with white/green glow paint. Have had another 600-800 rounds through it and the glow paint has held up perfectly

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t have it with me today. Elk season opening weekend lol. I don’t remember the name but almost every craft store carries glow in the dark paint. The bottle is very large (20+ oz). What I did was take a paper plate then got a super small paint brush and dabbed it where the dots are supposed to be. I did take my sights off to do it as well (for obvious reasons like not wanting a big glow spot in the slide lol) and applied the paint. I also found that for extremely fine details I used s toothpick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good luck in hunting season. Appreciate the information an the tips!

You can go to your local Walmart in their arts and crafts section and buy some florescent paint for cheap. I bought some orange color to paint the front site of my Ruger LCPII. It was easy to do and has stayed on. Just buy some really small brushes.

Since Walther replaced my front site, I have not had a problem with the inserts falling out anymore. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts