Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I finally got my P99AS out to my buddy's house this weekend. He has plenty of land, so we did some shooting.

I went through these boxes:

50x Magtech 115 FMJ
150x Winchester White Box 115 FMJ
50x Winchester White Box 147 JHP
50x CCI Blazer 115 FMJ
100x Remington 115 JHP

So about 400 rounds. The trigger did indeed get better and better as I went along. Groupings were decent, but we didn't have the best of a shooting position. Hill was slanted, with wind changing often. Not as accurate as I would have liked, but I'll be heading to the indoor range soon to really test the accuracy. The trigger is definitely unique. The pull is fantastic. But best of all, the grip fit my hands perfectly. I am definitely impressed with this gun, and I hope in the future that I can pick up a QA as well as a .40SW P99AS.

I was also able to shoot a Springfield XD .45 ACP 5" Tactical model (my roommate had just bought it). I was thoroughly impressed with it. Grip was decent, and recoil was fantastic. Definitely a great .45.

But I'd never give up my P99

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I like the magtech 115gr.... however the other day I shot 100 rounds of lawman speer 124gr..... I thought they did great out of the P99 9mm......

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (holycrikey @ June 18 2006,6:31)]Not as accurate as I would have liked, but I'll be heading to the indoor range soon to really test the accuracy.
Yep, it's always the gun and not the shooter!  

-stunks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ June 19 2006,4:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (holycrikey @ June 18 2006,6:31)]Not as accurate as I would have liked, but I'll be heading to the indoor range soon to really test the accuracy.
Yep, it's always the gun and not the shooter!  

-stunks
Oh no no, I totally blame myself
In fact, that was the first time I had ever had to deal with variables such as wind and slope. The Walther performed flawlessly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts