Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife picked out a ccp m2 9mm at a gun show a couple of weeks. She has yet to shoot it, but I let it tag along when I went to try out my new high standard supermatic.
the supermatic was a flop. happy with my initial accuracy shooting the ccp. not sure recoil is really lessened as marketed. But the gun was a good shooter.
Might consider it an option to my nearly decade old pps m1 that I carry.
Definitely easy racking.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the range report. How would you describe the trigger?
I would describe it as ok with a very long reset.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the supermatic would not cycle or eject a single spent round. I could easily manually cycle unfired rounds. Using the recommended standard velocity 22lr.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the wife out to the range to try out her new ccp m2 9mm.
I will be looking for the 380 version. She was not fond of the snappiness after about 4 mags. She switched to her sig p238 and was happier.
I am of the opinion the gas system doesn't reduce felt recoil much if at all.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talked to my larger local gun shop. they can get me the 380 version next week. Charge me $161 difference. I am ok with that. Don't really want two ccps. now if we are talking about pp in 32....that would be different :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We took the new 380 version to the range last night. Out of the box we have an issue with one magazine - we had to work it out as the release button was depressed. Once got it out, took the mag apart and reassembled. No change. So let Walther warranty that one. Wife shot it a lot more enjoyably than the 9mm version and was a bit more accurate with it. A range officer made a couple of suggestions and her accuracy improved dramatically. The only issues experience we a couple of FTEs and those were when the messed up mag were used. Shot white box and my reloads (FMJ) well.

·
Administrator
3,628 Posts
We took the new 380 version to the range last night. Out of the box we have an issue with one magazine - we had to work it out as the release button was depressed. Once got it out, took the mag apart and reassembled. No change. So let Walther warranty that one. Wife shot it a lot more enjoyably than the 9mm version and was a bit more accurate with it. A range officer made a couple of suggestions and her accuracy improved dramatically. The only issues experience we a couple of FTEs and those were when the messed up mag were used. Shot white box and my reloads (FMJ) well.
Sounds pretty good.

What was the deal with the bad mag? What seemed to be the issue?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds pretty good.

What was the deal with the bad mag? What seemed to be the issue?
essentially it would not come out easily...the release button would stay depressed. I had to work the magazine out with a knife.
Noticed at a range session today the front sight is loose.
Will be checking with Walther about that.
Oddly, the red dot on my new ruger mark iv lite came loose during the same range session .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts