Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first chance to try out the PPQ .22 I got last week.Used a variety of ammo, Federal Target, Federal HV Target, Federal Auto Match, and CCI Mini-Mags.

Out of about 150rds, had 1 failure to eject, the other 149 running flawlessly. Out of the box, sights were very close and only about 1" high and 1" left using a center hold. Won't adjust the setting until I settle on a primary ammo and can take the time to shoot from a rest. While I wasn't really shooting for accuracy evaluation, the gun showed very high potential. Shooting offhand , two hand hold, I was often able to put 4 out of 5 shots into a 1 1/2" X-ring.

I didn't expect the trigger to be the equal of the 9mm version but it was almost indistinguishable from it centerfire version. Far better than my P22, very little creep and a light, clean break. I did like the fiber front/black rear sights, so much so that I will probably add something similar to the 9mm.

I primarily bought the PPQ .22 as a low cost trainer for the 9mm and it is a very close match. Overall, one of the better .22's I've ever used and certainly the best in a service style configuration.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I run CCI Standard Velocity in mine mostly.

CCI SV is on the lighter side, and has an occasional failure to lock the slide back on an empty mag.

I typically run SV ammo unless it fails to operate fairly consistently. I can deal with an occasional malfunction with a .22 pistol and I feel the SV causes less wear overall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts