Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got my PPS from the dealer a couple days ago, and am about to take it to the range, but just now when i stripped it down to lube it, I discovered metal shavings above the trigger assembly. They are relatively small, but I was still very surprised to see this, all in one location. I noticed some wear in the slide that I'm pretty sure is the source. Is this normal? See pictures. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I shot my brand new PPQ for the first time the other week and I too found metal shavings after doing a takedown for cleaning. I did a lot of searching and it seems to be normal when breaking in a new gun. My PPX has never been like that though. So I think it is a hit or miss type of thing but nothing out of the ordinary for a new gun.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That appears to be brass markings from the gun cycling over a round in the magazine. Polish out the long center piece in the slide. That should take care of it. The gun also cycles better.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I started with a Scotch Bright pad with a polishing compound. Didn't take more than 10 minutes to do it. I like to do things by hand instead of a Dremel because you can make a big mistake fast with one. Just make it shiny and you're good to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Metal shavings

They are relatively small, but I was still very surprised to see this, all in one location. I noticed some wear in the slide that I'm pretty sure is the source. Is this normal? See pictures. Thanks for your help.
I had similar shavings in my PPS, but only after having used the Tipton snap caps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts