Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new to me PPQ SC LE in 9mm. The guy that sold it to me had too many 9mm's and had never fired this one. Wish I had that problem.

Haven't shot it yet. Did a ton of internet reading before buying. And watched some videos. The trigger that I kept reading about is the number one reason I had to get it. Well, not the number one reason. It was a shiny new gun that I've never owned before was the real number one reason. But I digress. Yes, dry firing it does feel great.

I finally ventured into polymer pistols last year. Due to my wife being former LE I had gotten her a couple over the years. Figured I'd try. a. glock. Stock trigger was something I did not like. Kinda ugly too. Then again I'm a Ruger Blackhawk and a 1911 gun nut.

Stumbled across the PPQ in a local classified while researching a good carry gun for my niece. She asked the Uncle that is a known gun nut of course. for a recommendation. Well I figured I couldn't recommend a Walther if I hadn't owned and/or shot one. So I shall do my due dilligence and figure it out. She has shot a glock in 9mm. But doesn't currently own a handgun.

First impressions: Walther has better ergo's. That's a plus. The Walther just looks good. Field stripping is easier. Can't wait to try the trigger live firing.

Walther has my attention. I am now on the hunt for a PPQ M2 in 45 ACP!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ten days ago I owned ZERO Walther's. I just won an auction on GB for another PPQ M2 in 45. Ooops. I bid on that one before finding the new one @ronnierichard helped me find. The auction PPQ is used and has night sights. And not much cheaper than the new PPQ.

In many years of gun ownership I've found myself with an addiction level of buying. And long ago I discovered there is no 12 step program to help with that. The only way out is to satisfy the urge and spend way too much money. Oh well, they'll all be fun come range day. Glad I reload for 45 and stocked up on 9mm years ago.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well ten days ago I owned ZERO Walther's. I just won an auction on GB for another PPQ M2 in 45. Ooops. I bid on that one before finding the new one @ronnierichard helped me find. The auction PPQ is used and has night sights. And not much cheaper than the new PPQ.

In many years of gun ownership I've found myself with an addiction level of buying. And long ago I discovered there is no 12 step program to help with that. The only way out is to satisfy the urge and spend way too much money. Oh well, they'll all be fun come range day. Glad I reload for 45 and stocked up on 9mm years ago.
I know how you feel! Just got the PPQ .45 and I'm like three more internal conversations away from hitting the order button on this P50 after buying a .308 a few weeks before the .45

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a humble brag. I oopsed bought another ppq on GB. I bid first and real low. Nobody else bid. I took delivery today.

A fire sale of other branded pistols will take place shortly. Cuz kids gotta eat.

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts